Thursday, July 1, 2010

Catch up

I've had a busy week and I know it's been a couple of days since I blogged. So hmmm.. where to start? With the boring stuff, I guess, lol.

Wednesday I was sore! EVERY muscle in my body was sore. I don't care if I've been doing body pump for months, I don't think my body will ever get used to it. It's intense. This week, my arms were sore, my chest was sore, and you guessed it my legs were sore! My inner thighs, hamstrings/glut and quads - ALL sore! I was so sore I had a hard time decided what to do at the gym. I ended up doing the intimidator, my calves, abs and running. It hurt to run though, not so much in my legs but in my chest! EYe yii yii! I did a ton of ab work. One hundred ab crunches on the weighted machine with 60lbs. The on a yoga mat, I did 100 crunches each section of my tummy center, right and left obliques. Plus, I set the timer on my phone and held a hover for 2 minutes. That was HARD!

I could really feel it today though! The rest of my body no longer hurts, but today, my abs, oh yeah they are on FIRE. It's been months since my abs were sore. I really think I need to concentrate on them more often. I didn't have much time for the gym today, but I went. I ran over 2.5 miles (25 minutes on the tready) and called it a day. I was hoping to make it back tonight, for Zumba but I didn't.

This afternoon, I had a job interview. It was an awkward pres-creening 5 minute interview but I really think this job would be a good opportunity for me. But I think they probably interviewed 100 people. Seriously, every 5 minutes is crazy. I prayed about it though, I know God has a plan and I need to trust him. I'm just nervous, my unemployment will end soon. God has been so good and provided for us for so long, I know he will continue to do so. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's difficult. I know if it's the right opportunity it will happen if not, something else will be there. I got all dressed up today and had Mariyn take a pic. For the last couple of interviews, I've been wearing a yellow button up business type shirt but since I haven't been successful, I decided to change up my outfit a bit. Today, I wore a skirt a jacket. The jacket I bought two years ago, it's big on me now. A lot bigger than it was two years ago but not so big that it looks funny, just not tailored looking.


I picked up a bike for Rich tonight. I found it on craigslist last week. It's a trek road bike. I'm not sure if he really likes it, but if not, I figured we could easily re-sell it. I got a good deal on it. My nephew and the girls went with me to pick it up. Then, we came back to the house and they got to swim. My nephew didn't want to go home. He was having too much fun with Mariyn.

Oh and the exciting news... Gotta share that! I rarely wear my wedding ring. I'm not really a jewelry person I wear it to important events and such but not everyday. It has a lot of sentimental value because it was my parents wedding ring, and well, my dad passed away 14 years ago. It used to fit me, I remember trying this ring, and it always being just my size. Well, that was until I got married. I was pregnant and my hands were fatter than they used to be. Richard and I had it sized up. I figured it was temporary but wanted it to fit when we got married. I gained so much weight after we were married that I never had it re-sized back down. Today, I put it on and it was very loose! For the first time in 10 years, I can honestly say my wedding ring it too big and that to me is EXCITING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the interview we will pray you get a job!! You looked very cute and Baptist.. which of course I love!! He he. It's so neat to me that you are still working out as much as you are and that you still get sore! It's great! I long for that feeling again! =) I swam laps at the hotel and man I was sore! lol love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) LOL @ looking baptist. I was hoping to pull of looking like a school administrator! I don't get sore too often - more so lately because I decided to push myself harder. But when I do - man it's a good kind of pain ;-)

    ReplyDelete