Monday, July 26, 2010

Clothes clothes clothes

As promised earlier, I wanted to come and talk about clothes. You know you would think that since I've lost so much weight I'd have a completely new wardrobe by now. The fact of the matter is money is so tight, I've felt guilty spending any on clothes. Especially since I'm not at my goal weight yet. I'd rather spend any extra money on activities. But I'm getting to a point where my old clothes are falling off of me and not going to work much longer. Especially my tank tops. I decided that even my gym clothes are getting to big.

About two weeks ago, I bought this cute little red ribbed tank top for Target. I wanted something new and well, it was only $8. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to try it on, we were leaving to go camping and I thought it would work out great. I grabbed a size large. I've been an XL or bigger most of my adult life. I'm big busted and so I've figured a large is probably the smallest top size I'll ever be. Well, sure enough I got it home and loved the style and color (Red is my absolutely fav). Unlike most ribbed tanks, this one has some stretch to it but goes back into shape. Most of mine have always stretched but never return to hug your figure. Unfortunately, it was a bit too big up top. Did you hear that? A large tank is TOO big for me. ha ha I would have returned it but they didn't have any mediums and I really wanted something new and we were leaving to go camping anyways.

I wanted to get a new tank top for the race. So Friday, I wondered into Kohls, they usually have good prices and sales on cute active wear. I must admit, I'm a bit of a label snob. I really only want to wear Nike or Adidas. In my mind they are the best and I know there are plenty of other cute stuff out there but I don't want to spend my money on it unless it has that cute little Nike Swoosh or Adidas logo. Snob - I know. I looked around, looking specifically for a tank top but also am secretly wanting a pair of booty shorts or capri's. I only have two pairs of capri's and they are both getting kinda big. Plus, it's been too hot to wear my pants comfortably. I checked the clearance and didn't see anything. Last time, I got a cute pink Nike top for less than $10. I was kind of sad but I left empty handed. Rich and the girls were next door at Target so I left to meet up with them. While looking for them I walked past the tank tops again, the same cute little ones I had looked at two weeks prior but they had a lot more in and in size Medium. I decided I was going to pick two up because hey what's $8 for a great looking tank. I got a pretty turquoise blue and bright yellow. I tried them on when I got home and they fit -- they looked hot! ha ha I felt so good about myself that I was in a medium top.

Saturday morning, my little sister had her baby boy around 8 am. I wanted to go visit them and I needed to go to the bank. The baby is adorable, but walking through L & D at the hospital and seeing all those uncomfortable women fixed any baby urge I might have gotten. On my way home, I decided to hit up Sports Authority to look again for more tank tops. I ended up trying on a ton of clothes and really was scoping out the booty shorts. I tried a pair on - and yeah while I could get them on they didn't exactly look like I had imagined. My legs have been shaping up nicely (for me anyways), when I look at them I see tone, definition, muscles and tan. You could see my, my EVERYTHING, cottage cheese, my lard, rolls of fat being pushed down and out through the leg holes. I was so dissappointed. I tried on a pair of fitted adidas capri's. They were on clearance, size small. Hearing the seams scream, I could barely squeeze myself into them. Wasn't a good look or feel. I figured I was stuck with my two pairs of capri's at least for now. I really want this fab booty and leg look, you know I want to look like I've spent 5 days a week in the gym for the last 9 months! I want to look athletic and hot. Is that too much to ask?

I tried on several tanks but found a cute light pink Adidas one on clearance for like $13. size MEDIUM!!! Pink isn't my favorite color but you couldn't beat the price and the fit was good too. I decided it was the top I needed for the 5K. It had a built in sports bra that actually held up so well that I want to go back and try to find more. It was great. Normally I wear tank tops with a bra, sports bra and built in bra to get enough support. I loved the fit, have I said that yet? Hopefull, I'll get to go back and pick more up from clearance. This top is going to be my regular running top the fit is that good! So happy!

3 comments:

  1. ooooo! I am going to Old Navy today and am hoping to be a size down! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I used to feel sooo guilty about spending money on myself. Then I got over it. HAHA! Seriously I've spent more in the past 6 months than our entire (almost) 9 years of marriage!!! I deserve it, and the kids have enough, I'm not making anyone go without, so I splurge shamelessly on myself (and by that I Mean I buy at the ON 50% off their clearance sale with 25% extra off for students, bwahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with splurging on yourself. I just haven't had the money to do so lately. When I was working, I had no problem buying stuff for myself but right now I do feel conflicted. Momma's deserve stuff too though, and we all know if Momma ain't happy no body's happy.;-)

    Just curious, when is your anniversary? In Feb I will have been married 9 years too.

    ReplyDelete