Monday, July 5, 2010

Rest and Recover

I got up and made the family breakfast: pancakes, eggs, and morningstar sausage. I found this blueberry compote at Walmart. I hadn't made the family a real breakfast in a while and knew they would love this. Of course, I made my pancakes healthier by making them from scratch using whole wheat flour. Most of the day, I didn't want to do anything, just rest and recover from the weekend. I noticed I was snacking on chips and stuff left over from the holiday too. Ugghh...Finally around 4pm, I forced myself to get up and get ready for the gym. Cardio kickboxing tonight - we were having a sub though but I still needed to go. I took a long enough vacation this weekend and I ate a lot. I didn't make it to the gym on Friday either. I didn't care for the instructor's style tonight. She wasn't a bad instructor but it was not a kickboxing class and was a lot more dance and aerobics than kickboxing. Clare and I do this class together otherwise, I probably would have left. No biggie though, I got a workout in and tried something new. Chicken, rice and asapargus for dinner tonight. Follow by watermelon because it's delish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment