Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Killer workout - weigh in

I'm not sure what it was but today was killer. There was a sub in body pump today and she wasn't as hard as Dana. Still I pushed myself to lift heavy weights but when doing so I noticed that my body felt very fatigued. What was I doing wrong? Am I doing something different I wondered? At certain points in the routine, I really felt dizzy and light headed as if I was going to pass out. So I put the weights down and took a break as needed. The only things I could come up with that were really different was A) I ran 3 miles after 9 pm last night and B) I had a light dinner - chicken salad and my regular protein shake for breakfast. I really think my body probably burnt off dinner quickly and the protein shake wasn't enough to get me through the fatigue and through the class. I'm always careful about what I have for breakfast Tuesday morning because I don't want to weigh in with a full tummy. It's just not fair in my eyes. Luckily, I brought a nectarine with me today and I had that between classes. I perked up my energy levels a lot and took away the dizziness.

Also between classes, I weighed in. I have about 10-15 minutes between classes that I use the restroom, weigh in, check on the kids and set up my bike. Today, I weighed in at 195 on the trainers scale! Back to 195 so a pound down from last week! As long as if I stay good with my foods, I should be losing again, in no time. Weigh in today proved to me how much my at home scale fluctuates. I know I didn't gain 2 lbs yesterday. Just my scale is inconsistent and well, my weight probably fluctuates too. Here is to losing more next week!!!

Cycle was very challenging today as well, which is why I thought maybe the running late last night wasn't enough time for my body to fully recover. I think running is something I can add to my routine at night, when I can, it will just take a couple of weeks for my body to adjust and not feel so tired in the morning. Guess we will see. Proper nutrition is really important though. I know if i exert my body that way again, I'll have to treat it better in the morning with a better breakfast.


I'm on track with my foods. Protein shake for breakfast, nectarine for snack, tuna sandwich on Orowheat thin with a side of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries for lunch. I think we're either going to have chicken kabobs for dinner or a bison burger. Not sure, but I know it will be healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! good job! I am so excited to have my first weigh in on Friday! Was it hot outside today for you? maybe that is why you were dizzy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know what you mean about looking forward to weighing in. It's like looking forward to payday! LOL

    It's in the mid 90's today but I didn't do anything outside yet and I went to the gym in the morning before it got too hot, I was done by 11 am. I don't think heat was a factor today.

    ReplyDelete