Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cheating and the big bet

As I sat down at Farmer Boys for dinner last night, slurping my raspberry tea I got to thinking. A lot of my old habbits are back. We've eaten out every night this week. Not only that, but I've noticed I've ordered a drink instead of just having water. I've eaten whatever I want and finished just about all of my food. Until I was stuffed - and I mean stuffed full. How did this start? How did I get so off track? Little by little, I started cheating. I started wanting to eat more normal. Then, I ate a little bit more or tried something else, I haven't had in a while. I'm still exercising like crazy, so I haven't gained weight back but I am not living the healthy lifestyle I should be. Why? I noticed I've been feeling like I always eat the same thing, tired of salad - wanting more variety. I've been making excuses that it's ok I haven't been lossing weight as quickly. I'm not gaining and I've got this going on or that. Not an excuse if I am dieting. I should be doing much better.

Richard hasn't been going to the gym. He still hasn't been lossing any weight. If anything I think he helps sabatoge my dieting. I know he is supportive and wants me to lose weight but his actions are different than his words. I know he also wants to lose weight but his job is making it difficult and he doesn't have much motivation for himself either. So this morning, I was laying in bed thinking. I could hear Richard got up and was in the bathroom weighing himself. I'm pretty sure we have about the same amount of weight to lose. I asked him how much he weighs --243. I know he wants to weigh between 200-220. He is 6'2". I really want him to be healthier for himself and for our family.

I got to thinking, how can I get re-motivated and get back on track with my diet? How can I help Richard be more successful in his weight loss? Richard and I agreed to a little contest or bet if you would say. We are competing in weight loss. Who will lose 20lbs first? If he wins, he will get husband favors....I'm sure you can use your imagination. If I win, I get a real date. Yes,I know I am crazy to compete with a guy. Not really fair, I know but I want him to be motivated. And I really think that if he wins, we both win anyways because he is going to be SO much hotter ;-) Don't get me wrong though, I am one competitive girl, I do not like to lose at all - so I will be doing my best to lose that 20lbs. In order to be fair, he asked me how much I weighed -- 195, I told him. He made me weigh myself at home in front of him --194 lbs. I know that appears to be weight loss from last week. Amazing I thought, I ate like crap all week. I didn't exercise on Friday either. But I know my scale at home is inconsistent. That's why I normally don't use it. My goal, to lose 20lbs before the hubby... The race is on...

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a bet!! You go win it girl! Show the men up! lol And I don't think you should be too hard on yourself about your eating... you are still working out so much and that is great. At least you didn't stop that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete