Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weds 7/21/10

So just when I think my unemployment is fixed -- it's not. But I think it might work out for the better. More details to come -- after I hopefully get a hold of them again tomorrow. It's a little frustrating but I think I actually qualify for a new claim. Whiich would take me off of the extension that I am currently on. We all hear about the delays in the extensions and whether or not congress is going to extend them. I hate being unemployed. I really wish I could find a job BUT I am so thankful for the income unemployment has provided my family. It really does give us peace of mind in paying our monthly obligations. I don't know how we would make it financially without it. God always provides for us though -- he knows the desires of my heart and provides for them.

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” – Psalms 37:4 KJV

Clare and I worked out today but we didn't do our usual weights and running. Clare actually had the day off, so we got to enjoy a spin class together, Dana's spin class. Totally kicked my butt - like always. Then I worked on my abs. Did 100 crunches w/ 10lbs weights on each side (obliques) and the center. So total of 300 crunches, plus about 2 and a half minutes of hovers. I was physically exhausted leaving them gym. Completely done and Clare was too.

Amelia had speech today. It went well, she can say all the words she just needs help combining them. She can say all her fruits and veggies, animals but will struggle saying "I see a cow!" or "I want a grape!" Those are the type of things she needs help with. We go back next Weds and I'm excited to see her progress.

Mariyn is really enjoying vacation bible school. The theme is (God's)Army of One. She really is taking to all the army talk -- Ohh-Rah, Attention, Salute, Fall in. LOL I'm really glad our friends invited her to VBS and that she is learning about the lord. I remember going to my Aunts as a kid and going to VBS was so much fun. We weren't raised in the church like my cousins. So VBS was really memorable for me. I even remember a really liking a song about Charity church mouse. It brings me a lot of joy knowing Mariyn is experiencing and learning about God in a fun atmosphere in a great church. I really need to start going back to church.

Back on the dieting note -- I've eaten well today. Protein shake for breakfast, PB&J w/ Cherries for lunch. I've snacked on a Fiber One yogurt (they are Good) and nectarines. I'm not sure what we are going to do for dinner. I forgot to defrost meat :X Opps! Hubby isn't home yet though and I know I should cook... what to cook what to cook.

ETA: Dinner terriyaki chicken, rice, mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots). A healthy choice!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that Mariyn is going to VBS!! I will pray she get's saved if she is not already!!! I am friends with Pastor and Mrs. Azzerello on FB, you should go to that church. It is such a wonderful church (so I've heard) and I know their son and daughter in law.. they live here in Lancaster and go to our church. They will be starting a church in Sacramento soon.
    I love the Fiber One yogurts! They are 0 points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime on Saturday Pastor Azzerello came by and dropped of a flyer for their VBS. It's in the evenings at a park in town (because they don't really have a church, they rent a hall). I invited Kelly's kids and am thinking of letting Mariyn go to.

    ReplyDelete