Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/29

I slept in this morning until 9:30 am, when Mariyn came in and woke me up. I kinda wanted to get up early and get to body pump and cycle... but yeah that didn't happen. I was so warn out from swimming laps last night, I just couldn't get up and when I did, I was groggy. I swam until 11 o'clock last night. I did a lot of chatting to though but I think we did 70 laps. Zamara swam with me and helped me out a lot on my technique. I've never been taught to have proper form so apparently I waste a lot of energy and work a lot harder than necessary to get across the pool. Most of the time when I'm working on form or technique I don't really feel the difference but yeah this time I did.

70 laps x 40 feet = 2800 feet = 853.44 meters = 0.53 miles
I swam more than twice the difference I will have to for my tri. But I break it down into 10 lap segments.

It took me a long time to want to actually get moving. I got to the gym around noon and did an hour of weights. Daycare closes at 1 and like I said, my body was very warn out. I think someone was picking up on me at the gym. I noticed he was sort of following me from machine to machine, watching me, trying to make small talk. Then he asked me if I came here often. Uhh-- yeah nearly every day, lol. I was a little embarrassed and just kept working out. He so wasn't my type, even if I wasn't married.

I didn't do any cardio today at the gym. I knew I wanted to ride bikes with the girls this evening to the farmers market. We took along one of Mariyn's friends. I bought some plums and corn on the cob. We also bought tri-tip sandwiches for dinner. I feel so healthy just saying my girls and I rode our bikes to the farmers market. Exercise incorporated with fresh fruits and veggies - just makes me feel good like I'm giving my kids the skills they need to live a healthy lifestyle. We took the long way home on our bikes and road around the neighborhood. Of course we stopped at the park and I let the girls play a bit. Then I took Mariyn's friend home.

I talked to her mom for a while. We haven't chatted since the beginning of summer and school is going to start again soon. Her daughter was invited to go to the movies with a group of friends for the first time this week, parents drop off and pick up. She said she was so nervous. I completely understood. I remember being nervous like that back when Mariyn was in kindergarten, they invited her to go to Awana's with them. It was the first time she went somewhere with someone other than family. I shared about Mariyn spending the night with her friend the other day. She seemed just as protective as I am in regards to spending the night. So maybe, I'm not so crazy after all... ha ha

I can't believe summer is almost over. Next week really is our last week of summer before school starts. While I miss the routine of school, I really enjoy the time with my girls. Hopefully, I'll get to do something fun with them next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment