Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweat Tea & Swimming

Had a really good day. Have I ever mentioned how much I love sweet tea? Yeah, I know it loaded with sugar and with calories. But it's so delish! I'm sure it contributed to my weight gain. I remember going to Micky-D's and getting sweet teas almost daily (sometimes multiple trips were made per day) because I loved them so much. Lately I've been wanting to drink something other than water and I'm burnt out on crystal light. I've really been craving Sweet tea. Naturally, I've been fighting the craving because I know how loaded with sugar it is. But then I got this grand idea to try something new. Instead of sugar, I thought why not use splenda? It's a 0 calorie sweetener. I eat it in so many other things, why not sweet tea? I bought tea bags and today brewed some tea and poored in Splenda and stired it up while it was still warm. Then refrigerated. Now it's not the same as Mickey-D's but it is satisfying the craving and well probably a better choice, calorie wise.

The girls wanted to go swimming. So after dinner (bison burgers) I took them. I finally broke down and bought a swim cap. So I decided to try it out and do some laps. Well 50 laps to be exact (40 freestyle 10 backstroke). The swim cap = GREAT investment! I'm not fighting my long hair or getting tangled up in it. I am smoothly gliding through the water, well as smooth as I know how, ha ha. It was so much easier to swim my laps. My next swimming investment: Goggles and a swimmers swimsuit (possibly a tri suit). Goggles first sooner than later.

Oh and I registered for my next 5K Davis Moo-nlight run. I've got two friends who are going to run with me. It's Saturday night. I'm excited - not as much for me as I am for my friends. It's both of their first 5Ks and it's a really big fun event. I wanted to do the half marathon, but it's their first race and I just don't have that much extra money. Plus, I know 13 miles is a bit of a stretch for me - a really long possibly impossible at this time stretch. I would probably end up walking a lot of it. So, the 5K it is for me. I know it's still going to be a great event. :) I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment