Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fun fit friday

I had a great day yesterday. I slept in a bit and was slow to wake so I didn't make the morning gym routine. I had a lunch date with an old friend from high school. It was nice to catch up. Mariyn and I got fajitas for one and shared them. She ate as much as I did, so I'm optimistic I didn't over eat. I had water to drink. There is a natural foods store I wanted to check out in the same plaza. I'd never been in before but heard great things. I ended up buying Quinoa in bulk. It's the only rice alternative (including brown rice) Rich has liked or found tolerable. I've been buying it at our local store but I noticed it was nearly $5.00 for a 12 oz box. Yeah- that seems pricey to me too. So I bought it in bulk $3.75 per lbs. Good find!

Mariyn and I did some school clothes shopping. She still needs more stuff: shoes, backpack, clothes. She goes back to school in like 10 days. Not so exciting and it's still going to be warm here for a while. And well, there isn't much summer stuff left. It's all fall, and well fall doesn't really happen here until the end of October and even then, it's still warm.

Oh and the fun stuff. There was a Zumba "party" at the gym. Fun it friday they called it and guests were free. All 5 instructors taught about 3 sounds each, there were prizes and fruit treys. It was a lot of fun. A few of the instructors are new, and one, Julia I hadn't seen in a long time. She subbed for other instructors but didn't have her own class at our gym until recently. She asked a question about one of the new instructors and I told her she had taken over Adrianna's class. Then she says, "I think I remember you. Wow, you've really lost a lot of weight!" Yeah about 65lbs I told her. She was really amazed and well, yeah made me realize how fat I was. The first time she subbed was probably in October or November. I could barely keep up in her class, correction I wasn't keeping up with her class but trying my best. She is very fast paced and I swore she was a monster. A while later she came back and I could keep up, easily. She was friendly and we talked for a while. She was really shocked that I was the same person. I don't do zumba very often anymore but it really did help me get on the right track with fitness and exercise.

The girls and I came home and I got ready for a girls night out with my friends. It was a food fest and we played games complete with alcoholic beverages and lots of girl talk. My friend brought Strawberrys with this sweet cream. So delish. I totally over ate and am feeling bloated and gassy today. Nice, I know. . Oh and one of the best parts, I was kid free. My girls stayed with my siter and enjoyed time with their cousins.

I didn't get home until after 2 am. So of course, today, I'm tired but bound to do something productive.

2 comments:

  1. So good for you! It's so encouraging to know that you did and do stay with going to the gym. I think that is just awesome!! wow you only have a little left to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exercising part has become part of my lifestyle. It's the easy part of dieting for me. I want to go and look forward to each weekday and the workout I have planned. Since I go so regularly, I've made friends at the gym too and that helps keep me accountable.

    The food part of the diet still gets the best of me from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete