Monday, July 26, 2010

Running Machine

:::singing:: I'm just a running machine... and I won't work for nobody but you! hahaha

Ok so, I'm a dork and maybe a bit obsessive with blogging today. I missed the gym today. I had company over and just lost track of time, didn't feel like rushing them out and off to the gym for cardio kickboxing. The kids were having fun in the pool, so I decided whatever. I'll try to get in a run later or something.

Rich was on call, so I knew I couldn't run *far* necessarily. My friend Zumara met me at my house and we basically ran up and down my street and one loop of the neighborhood. We ran for about an hour or so. When I got home I went to mapmyrun.com we ran just over 6 miles! Woo Woo. Unbelievable! I never thought I would be able to run *THAT* far. Well, I sort of knew I could run farther but 6 miles! WOW!

Honestly, when we got back I was thirsty but I wasn't exhausted. I feel so good, and oh so proud of myself and of Zumara. That was the furthest, I've ran and I think her too. Did I mention I feel great? 1/2 marathon here we come!

I think this route worked out well to get a good long run in while my hubby is on call. :)

1 comment: