Saturday, July 24, 2010

Skipping Two Days

Skipped two day blogging - but don't worry. I still made it to the gym and ate how I should. Well, sort of. Thursday I did Zumba then took the girls on a bike ride. I was pretty warn out and I've worked out hard this week. I made the most delicious chicken kabobs for dinner and because it took longer than I had expected, we got a late start on our bike ride. I let Mariyn take her friends along, all the girls had fun. It's really neat to watch them in excitement because we are cruising the neighborhood and they have their own sense of freedom when riding the bikes. Going down the hills, the girls and I were hollaring - WWOOOO Hoooo. It was really fun.

Friday I ended up babysitting for my husbands friend. His three kids got here just before 6 am bright eyed and bushey tailed. Let me tell you, I am NOT a morning person and getting up with those kids was really hard. Around 10 am, I took the kids to the park. Some guy, drove by and hollered at me - not once but twice. Mind you, I'm in a small neighborhood park with 4 kids in my warm ups and a tee shirt. After about 20 minutes the kids were bored w/ playing at the park. Until, we decided to play duck duck goose. Yeah I said we, I played too. ha ha I got a few strange looks from other parents but you know, I'm just glad I CAN run around and play with the kids, even if I do look a little silly. ha ha

After, I picked Mariyn up from VBS we spent the rest of the afternoon swimming. My nieces and nephews came over and at one time I had 10 kids here! It really was a crazy day. I didn't end up making it to the gym but I'm sure I got my exercise in for the day.

Tonight I am looking forward to my next 5K. It's in about 5 hours and I'm excited. I got a new tank top today. More to come regarding thoughts on clothes and shorts....

1 comment: