Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend

I started my long weekend early on Friday. I went to bed trying to figure out how my day was going to go and where I was going to fit in gym time. I was suppossed to watch my nieces and nephew,or at least that's what I thought. I figured I'd worry about it in the morning when they got here and figure it out. I ended up sleeping in until almost 10am! Crazy, I know. When I got up, my girls were quietly watching a movie and I checked my phone. Apparently, I was texted that I didn't need to watch the kids. I had a few errands and such to do and planned on watching Eclipse Friday night with my girlfriends. Plus, I wanted to wash my car, it was DIRRR-Ty. Normally, I take it to the car wash and have them do it. But I was feeling cheap money is tight and really the car wash never really gets it 100% clean, probably because I wait too long between washes ;-) The girls and I were on a mission to clean the car and I knew it was going to be WORK! But the girls had a blast. Mariyn said to me, "Mom have you EVER washed a car like this before?" HAHA HA Umm.. YES but it's been a while. I have a lot of memories of washing cars/trucks as a kid.

Eclipse was AMAZING and I've decided Emmett is really good eye candy! Good thing eye candy doesn't make you fat because I was drooling over him a lot! I did splurge and get a large soda (Dr. Pepper) and pop corn. Not because I needed a large but because it was cheaper to buy it as a combo. I can't believe snack prices at the theater! $12.50 for the soda and pop corn. Seriously! I hadn't had a soda in a long time, so I pretended it was worth it. Honestly though, I don't really miss soda. Crazy, I know. I'm happy with my water and crystal light. Sweet tea, I miss sweet tea but everything in moderation, right?

Saturday I went river rafting with my friends. My kids stayed with my brother, my nieces were babysitting in exchange I bought them Eclipse tickets, and Rich was on call. It was a beautiful warm day and very relaxing not having to worry about the fam. I love them, but I love me time too. I bought my food with me: seafood salad, almonds, nectarines and plums. I bought a 12 pack of Smirnoff ice, not because I would drink all 12. I figured I'd share, I rarely drink. I won't drink around my kids and I won't drink unless it's safe and really I don't drink because it's wasted calories. I had two drinks out of the 12 pack. I helped row all day in the heat and swam. I'm pretty sure I burnt off the extra calories. I had fun rafting. I really only knew 2 of the people in our group of 16. I was nervous about going and being that fat girl again. Lets face it, most people who are willing to swim in public are probably skinnies. While, I am looking skinny for me, I am not looking skinny. I am feeling confident with my body and in better shape. I think I look fit - except for my gutt. The funniest thing is I am really more self conscious about my body now that I ever was. Maybe it's more aware? I can easily see how obsessive someone can get about their weight and body now and could see how it could turn into a problem for some people i.e. Anorexia etc. I never really understood eating disorders before but I think I do now. Not that I have one or anything, I just see how easy it is to become obsessed. Good news: I got a ton of compliments on my suit and I had a GREAT time doing something active with friends. That is the goal right, to live a healthy ACTIVE life style!

Sunday - July 4th. Swimming, BBQ and Fireworks! American tradition, right. I did ok and planned healthier foods. My mom and step dad came over too. My mom tried her best to bring healthier stuff too. We did good until Rich sabotaged us by asking for potato salad and chips! I limited my portions though and tried to eat mostly healthy. Hopefully, I didn't eat too much. It's hard not too when the summer if filled with such delicious foods. Good thing is I LOVE fruit and veggies. I really do :) I just also love potatoes and deserts and well... FOOD! ha ha

2 comments:

  1. That seems sooo much fun!!! Rafting!? Where did you go?? Did you take pictures? I want to see! Glad you had a ball! It's so important to get you time.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went rafting down the Stanislaus river, it's the closest river to my house and popular for rafting. I didn't bring a camera because EVERYTHING gets wet. The river is fairly slow though and family friendly. Mariyn is old enough to safely go. My friend bought a disposable though and took pictures, I hope to share them when the become available. It was so fun and would be great to do as a family :)

    ReplyDelete