Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year... time for something new

2010 is going to be a great year. I hit the gym as soon as it opened today, I wasn't going to have no closing early business stop me today. I was determined to start the new year off right. While I don't really believe in New Years resolutions, I do believe in goal setting. I am going to hit my fitness goals this year.

Since it's a new year, I decided it was time to try something new at the gym. There are a few things that still intimidate me: example cycling class and the treadmill. Today, I took on the cycling class and you know what, it really wasn't that bad. What a great workout, it was challenging and my rump is on fiiyyahh. Most importantly though, I did it!

Is there something new you want to try but are a bit intimidated by?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cycling class! My Y's cycling class is high competition to get in the class, so I never try. People line up 30 minutes to an hour before the class even starts to sign up. It's crazy. My intimitation was the Zumba class, and I conquered that one.
    I do want to do something different, but I just can't decide what. There is a Boot Camp type class on Tuesdays that I think I'd like to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri, I know our cycling class is popular because I've over heard people talking about it but I don't think it's that popular! Today was a slow day and I wanted to try something new, they have cycle every day some days twice, so I think that helps too.

    I'd love to try a boot camp type class, when I gain more strength. Right now, I'm still limited physically what I can do but I'm getting stronger everyday!

    ReplyDelete