Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ibuprofen

Despite working out really hard, I haven't been sore in months. My body gets tired, I might feel week but I haven't had the my muscles are sore and achy at all lately. Today was an Ibuprofen day. Yeah, I was that sore! As much as I hate being sore, I loved it. I know I got a great work out yesterday.

Today I decided to take it a little bit easier at the gym. Claire, from the daycare, has been doing weights with me. She is good company and we've set another weight date for Friday. Since it's my lower body that is sore, I worked my abs and upper body (chest, arms and back)today. There is a new machine that works the middle/lower portion - AMAZING it felt so good on my back. literally took any tension or stress that has been building up away. I want to take Rich to the gym just so he can try it.

After weights, I walk/jogged the treadmill for 30 mins with an incline varying between 2-5%. I always struggle so much with the treadmill and want to give up. It's really the only piece of equipment in the gym that intimidates me so. Claire was able to jog the treadmill for nearly the whole 30 mins. I probably would have given up had she not been my pacing buddy today. I really appreciate having someone there to pace myself with.

3 comments:

  1. sara, I struggle with the treadmill, even though I use it every time Im at the gym. I have a love hate relationship with it.
    Fact of the matter for me is, Running outside is MUCH different then running on the treadmill. I don't care what anyone says otherwise. I rather run 9 miles outside then 10 minutes on the treadmill.
    Some days I can run easily on the treadmill, and time isn't an issue. Other times, It seems 1 minutes is an hour.
    I dont know about your gym, but my Y is right near a City Walk. Sometimes I leave the gym and go running in the park. Maybe you and claire could have a day where you run/walk outside. For me, it makes a WORLD of difference.
    I can run for an hour outside, sometimes 2. But Never EVER have I had the endurance for 2 hours on a treadmill. Maybe its a mind game, maybe it's me, but it's just harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our gym is on the highway that runs through our town and there isn't really anywhere to run near it. However, I do want to go running near my house. We have sidewalks and a few rolling hills that I think could make an awesome running path. It's just finding someone to watch the kids while I run. Rich has been on call most nights and working 7 days a week. He can't be left alone with the kids when he is on call, so it makes having a life difficult. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with the treadmill so much. Thanks Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate the treadmill... I often wonder... why does the elliptical say I am burning more calories... but I sweat less, and when I walk/jog on the treadmill I pour sweat and my heart rate gets really high, and it says I don't burn that many calories?? bad week for me with food. Last week I weighed 215.8.. I weighed today and I was back at 217. :( I went to the gym everyday.. worked out hard... but ate every night when I was not suppose to ;( tomorrow is a new week though.

    ReplyDelete