Thursday, January 28, 2010

Energy

Thursdays are fun days. Zumba with Adrianna is my favorite class. High Energy, Great moves, and good music. I got to the gym today at about 4:30, decided to hit the weights and I really challenged myself to add more weight on several machines. I set the intimidator to 100lbs. The intimidator is the assisted chin up machine, and whatever weight you have it set at basically off-sets your weight. So because I weigh 220+ lbs and I set the weight at 100lbs really means I can now do a chin up with the weight of 120lbs (a healthy weight for a person of 5'4" but not a weight I think I will personally ever see). When I started doing the intimidator, I started with it offsetting 140lbs and it was a challenge. Just in this short amount of time, I'm seeing huge progress. I strained my shoulder on one of the machines today, I'm not really sure what but it hurts.

Before I went to the gym, I was really sluggish and nearly out of energy. I could even hear the negative self talk in my head telling me I should take the day off, that I've earned it. I'm not sure if I didn't eat enough today or if I waited to long to eat. I had a busy afternoon, but I knew I was tired. Yesterday, I got an XS energy drink from my friend. Normally, I don't do energy drinks, soda, or even coffee. Right now, I'm on a water and 1 glass of milk per day (with my protein) diet. But it was given to me to sample and I was sluggish heading to the gym so I drank it on the way. It's a no sugar, no caffeine all vitamin energy drink, it tasted just like green tea. Bonus, it had only 12 calories! I didn't feel jittery or really even notice the effects until after I did my weights. I had a ton of energy in Zumba, much more than normal. Granit, I know I love Zumba and the endorphins were kicking in but I really did feel great. I think even other people, including the instructor noticed. Considering I spent 2 hours working out hard, I should have been tired when I was done. Nope, came home made dinner, gave the girls a bath and went to Petco.

Oh and I got compliments again today on how good I look from people at the gym. Feels great to see results and have other people notice. I'm trying to get Rich to take an updated picture of me so I can share. Hopefully, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment