Monday, January 25, 2010

Exciting News

We've started week 3 in the Gold's Gym Know Your Own Strength competition! Tomorrow, I plan to ask how many people actually signed up. Originally, they said they were going to take sign ups until today. I really feel like I've been making great progress, physically getting in better shape. My body feels so healthy -it's just covered with extra weight (FAT). I'm still food journaling - Day 15 - WOO WOO! I really didn't think that I could food journal but I did it. It's less challenging than it was and it's helpful because I can look back and see what I did right - or wrong food wise. Just as I am using this blog as a tool - it helps me keep track.

It wasn't hard to get up and go to the gym today. I had a "date" at the gym with Claire, she works in the gym daycare. She's been wanting to workout with the weight machines for a while now but was too shy to go out and do it alone. Yep - and she works there! So ladies, don't feel bad about being self conscious. I told Claire last week that we could do it together and we made a date. It was nice to have someone to work out with and I enjoyed helping her out. She is so great with Amelia and she has a killer British accent. We hit the weights for about an hour during the day and we both do cardio kickboxing on Monday nights. I had a great workout - endorphins are high but my right knee is a little sore.

Monday nights we have salad for dinner. I want to get the best weigh in possible on Tuesday. I swear my whole family is dieting because I am. I don't feel too bad though, I'm preparing dinner for all of us and teaching my girls healthy eating habits. It really won't hurt anyone to eat healthier. I swear, both Rich and Mariyn are looking a bit thinner. Tonight though, Rich asked what's for dinner. He already knew what I planned on making though - it was one of those type of questions that was more like a plead for anything but a salad. I decided to be nice and told him we could go out to eat. We went to Cafe Bravo, my favorite Mexican restaurant. I got a delicious, Mexican Shrimp and Chicken Cesar Salad. I made a good choice, I love the shrimp and grilled chicken - so yumm!

Oh and the exciting news! Mariyn brought home a Registration form for a walk/run benefiting the educational foundation. You can do a mile or a 5k and the cost is only $25 and is on March 20th, just before the end of my competition @ Gold's. I think it will be a good activity that I can easily accomplish. A 5K is just over 3 miles, I'm sure I can do it! Bonus is I already have a friend who said she is going to do it too :) I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment