Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Calories Day Three

I survived day 3! It was amazing, today I went to Costco and didn't give into all the samples! Amelia tried them all, but not me. Today was busy, Amelia and I went to gymstars for play time. Then off to Costco. I ended up spending well over $250 on food. I was so proud of myself though, because the only "junk" food I bought was skinny cow ice cream. Most of it was fruits and veggies (fresh, canned and frozen), along with our meats. I've got lots of meal ideas and am excited to have food in the house. One of my biggest hindrances is eating out or trying to grab something quick. Tonight, I made stir fry after the gym. It was a hit with the kids and I, Rich not so much.

Oh and the biggest news of my day! My gym clothes have been getting big on me, I've noticed myself having to pull them up or roll them over so they stay on my waist. Well, I decided I was going to get a smaller size. Guess what? Ok, ok, I 'll tell you. I bought a medium and they fit! I'm so happy and proud of myself.



I had a great time at Zumba tonight in my new size medium gym pants! Woo Wooo! As you can probably imagine the class was packed - everyone is working on their resolutions. I also hit the weights and of course, the intimidator.



Day Three
Calories
Breakfast
Protein Shake w/ Milk 270
Banana 200

Snack

Lunch
Mandarin Orange 60
Yogurt 100
Cashews 340

Snack
Apple 65

Dinner
Sprouts 24
Couscous 200
Chicken Stir Fry 420
Chicken 220
Veggies 80
Sauces 120
420



Daily Calories1679 + the skinny cow ice cream sandwich I am going to have before I go to bed (approx 140 cals) = 1819 cals

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's nice to experience that high of buying something in a smaller size. You deserve it!
    Sometimes I wish I was still in the stage of seeing new results, to keep me motivated. New sizes, new shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! A medium!! wow!! That is soooo inspiring!! Every time I want to deviate.. I read our blogs!! It helps sooo much!! Love you and keep up the good work!
    ps a banana is only 105 calories.. unless it was humongoid!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Sara! Things have finally started to calm down around here and I made up my mind to get back to the gym. I went back for the first time in ... two months :-X Blech. I sure felt it! But it gave me a lot of energy this morning.

    Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Adrienne. I just googled banana calorie and that is what it said 1 cup of banana was and I went with it. Guess I'm doing even better than I thought :)

    ReplyDelete