Friday, January 22, 2010

Another week down!

I got so much accomplished today - a GREAT day at the gym. 45 mins of resistance weights, 45 mins of Zumba, 20 mins of the elliptical, and 20 mins of treadmill. Yeah you got that right, I was at the gym for over 2 hours. My plan was to get up early hit the weights before Zumba starts at 9:30. Amelia and I arrived at the gym at 8:45.
I hit the weights hard. Then for some reason decided to weigh myself. While, I've lost weight, I was a bit disappointed. I know I shouldn't be and that it's not really as accurate as waiting until my weigh in day. I just wanted to know my progress before I head into the weekend (AKA the danger zone LOL). Zumba started 15 mins late because they couldn't find the key to the room. I hate standing around at the gym... such a waste of energy and time. During Zumba I couldn't help but think of what I did differently between this week and last - sort of a mental comparison. I realized I hadn't ran the treadmill or elliptical since last week. So I decided I would after zumba. Zumba is a fun work out, it doesn't even feel like a workout, except for the sweet of course.

On a sad note, my favorite Zumba instructor Adrianna announced that she would be leaving soon and brought a "replacement" with her. I'm not so crazy about the replacement :/ Adrianna's style and energy is part of the reason for my success. When I first started her class she said to squeeze our abs. I couldn't even feel mine! Now, I can not only feel them, but they are so much stronger.

The gym has 2 new weight machines. One that works the abs, it's sort of a weighted crunch and another that works the lower back. I did 100 crunches on the ab machine today. Considering I couldn't even feel my abs in October, I'm so proud of the progress that I've had!

When I came home from the gym, I made lunch. I had a side salad with the left over chicken. Amelia had a chicken Quesadilla. When I put Amelia down for a nap, I fell asleep with her. Guess it was needed - the rest felt good.

2 comments:

  1. Napping helps you with your weight loss too. I read if you don't get enough sleep your body can't repair the muscles you are breaking down during work out.. and your body stores fat! =) So enjoy a nap once in a while.. good job on the great work out! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Sara! Just keep in mind: muscle weighs mor than fat. So you can't rely ONLY on your weight as the measurement. Maybe it's time to start using body measurements and fat %?

    I only got to the gym once last week because I damaged my back, but I was very careful with food (even with going out to eat 3 times this week - super rare for us). I lost 4 pounds! Not too shabby, I must say ;-)

    ReplyDelete