Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Battle of the scales...

I got up extra early, I'm trying to get a body pump class into my schedule at the gym. Class starts at 8:30, which is fairly early for me. My goal today was to get Mariyn off and ready for school then hit the gym for two classes Body pump and Spin. I got to the gym just before 8:20 and they were already out of tickets! So frustrating. I decided to do an hour of resistance weight training, I stayed for spin. Man my legs are tired. I'm getting in better shape - Cardio is a lot easier for me now. I don't run out of breath like I used to and even when I think I won't make it, I always do. It's an amazing feeling. Perhaps even better than watching the pounds melt away.

Today is weigh in day, normally I weigh in during the evening when I go to Zumba but because I went to the gym this morning, I did a morning weigh in. I weighed myself on the locker room scale, the same one I've been using, and according to it I weigh 222. Only 1 pound less than last week. Very disappointing, especially considering how hard I worked last week. Plus, as you might remember I weighed myself last week on the personal trainer's scale (233.5 last Monday). Last week, the scales were EXACTLY 10 lbs different from eachother. According to that same scale on Friday, I weighed in at 228.5 a 5 pound loss. After using the locker room scale, I weighed in on the personal trainers scale and now I'm 228.2 lbs. So for competition purposes, I lost 5 lbs last week. Not really sure what to think. I know the personal trainers scale is most accurate but - I haven't been tracking my progress all along on it. I wonder if someone adjusted the scale in the locker room and if that is why it's reading the way it is? I mean how can they have such different weight losses? It's enough to drive a girl crazy. To be honest, I like the 5 lbs weight loss (which would take me to 29lbs lost total) and I really feel like I lost 5 lbs this week. Does that count for anything?

5 comments:

  1. Our spin class at our gym fills up QUICK, they have people in line up more then 30 minutes before the class even starts, sometimes longer. I get to my regular classes about 15 minutes early, because even those classes tend to get a bit crowded if you dont get there and get a decent spot. I HATE when people come in after the class already starts and tries to squeeze in, making it uncomfortable for everyone around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spin is offered usually twice a day, its a popular class but I haven't had a hard time getting into it. The class I've struggled with the most is body pump (free weight lifting) and because they only allow 19 people in the class because that is all they have equipment for. I don't like to be uncomfortable so I usually arrive early and do not stand by door. I try to get in the front of every class. :) It's usually pretty roomy up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of scale is it that the trainers use? is it digital?? I bought my own scale at walmart.. digital.. and I think it is really accurate. I spent a little more to get a good one. I would stick with the one the trainers use. yay for 29 lbs!!! whoot whoot! Good job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trainers scale is digital. It has a WW on it which makes me wonder if it is weight watchers. LOL Everyone says it is the accurate scale. The only negative thing is that I have to believe my start weight was actually 257 and not 247 because of the inaccuracy of the scale in the locker room. (Which is also the picture for my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAVE to be at the front of every class, I NEED to be able to see the instructor. Im one of those people that everyone knows has their "spot"
    People know where my spot is. ;)

    ReplyDelete