Monday, January 18, 2010

Start of another week

It poored all day long. Being a holiday, the girls and I were stuck home pretty much all day. We didn't even get out of our pajamas until it was time to get dressed for the gym. It was a struggle to go. Mondays are always a struggle for me. It's a challenge to convince myself to get back in the saddle again after the weekend. Today was especially hard because I only took one day of rest from the gym, Sunday. My negative self talk today was telling me I should stay home because I've earned it. In reality, I didn't earn it - I needed to push myself hard these next twelve weeks for the competition. I over ate on Friday night and that is why I went to the gym on Sat.

My legs were extra heavy in Cardio Kick Boxing and I know I didn't work out as hard as I normally do though because of this. It's still a very challenging class and I was sweating when I was done. After Kickboxing I did a few resistance training machines, hips and the intimidator. Then, came home and made a yummy salad for dinner. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow. I hope the results are great - I have a good feeling they are going to be good.

The rain stopped for a while and we saw a rainbow. Mariyn noticed it first; she was rainbow hunting so to speak. When she found it she said, "Look Mom, theres a rainbow. It's God's promise!" She was so excited and sure of it. I'm so glad my daughter has a relationship with God. Her enthusiasm helps me be a better mom and a better Christian. She is so right - the rainbow is God's promise and a reminder that he is always there... Always.

2 comments:

  1. I have missed the gym now since Friday. I am in such a mental state of mind mess.Not sure when I am ever going to snap out of it.
    And, I agree. Sometimes my girls seem to be better Christians then me. They can definately be my inspirations at times. Especially my 8 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute she said that! I am glad you went on Monday. You did good! Turbo Kick boxing is hard!

    ReplyDelete