Monday, January 11, 2010

Relativity of Weight

Well, I officially began the Gold's Gym Challenge today! My appointment was at 10 am for weigh in, measurements and picture in a two piece. I ended up taking my picture in a sports bra because the top just didn't cover enough for my liking. I was nervous, boy was I nervous but I did it.

Which leaves me to the topic of this blog. I weigh myself weekly at the gym, every Tuesday in the locker room. I know my home scale isn't at all accurate. So today, I step on a portable scale at the gym with a trainers beside me marking all my measurements. This scale says I weigh 233.4 lbs! I know I didn't gain 10 pounds this week, so one of the scales must be off. :/ Talking to a few of the members, they tell me they believe it's the scale in the locker room. Yikes! That means I weigh even MORE than I think I weigh... But it doesn't mean I haven't lost 23.5 lbs. I am going to continue to use that scale to weigh myself, because it's been the basis of all my measurements thus far. Kinda sucks that it's off but I guess it's all relative anyways. I'm on my way to a total body transformation!

Here is my stats sheet! Sorry - no bikini pic! Trust me you don't want to see it anyways it isn't a pretty sight.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I HATE about scales. The inaccuracy. I dont weigh myself at the Y. Because I know emphatically it is wrong. I try to use the same scale consistently.
    I did weigh myself via the Wii the other day and it has me lighter then my normal scale.
    Its the one thing I hate about scales. They are never all consistently "right" And I can weigh myself at certain times of the day and it be a different answer every time anyway.
    I flucuated weight one time within 5 minutes time lol. I walked into Publix, weighed myself, went to the cooler section and got a chocolate milk, drank it before I paid for it, left, weighed myself again and was 2 pounds "heavier" then before. It's so hard to trust them.

    ReplyDelete