Friday, January 15, 2010

Healthy and Delicious

It's Friday! YAY! I made it another week! This week has been a challenge, as you can see, I've calorie counted and I've been working out even harder at the gym. I am doing good with calorie counting and I think I even see a difference. But man how all those veggies can make a girl gassy! :X I'm hoping this is something I adjust to. I've been looking through the Hungry Girl cook book I bought yesterday and I'm impressed. A lot of times, I will get a cook book and a lot of the meals aren't really something I would eat. I can't wait to try out some new recipes. Also, I've noticed hungry girl gives a lot of helpful food advice for those who are like me and LOVE food. I want my food to be both healthy and delicious!

I got to do Zumba this morning, with Adrianna my favorite Zumba instructor. I'm so glad she is back, she's been gone for 6-8 weeks. Class moved slower but it was still a good workout. Then I hit up the resistance weights for about 45 mins to an hour. I'm definitely feeling the burn. Today I was able to do 3 sets of 10 on the intimidator.

While the calorie counting isn't hard, I do feel like all I think about is food right now. I'm not really feeling deprived but it is always on my mind. My next meal, is it time for a snack, how many calories does this have, I wonder what I can make? Sometimes, I doubt I can keep this "diet" up, let's face it. Eating healthy isn't always the easiest thing but being fat is never "easy" but it's sure easy to get there. I am a little worried that if I don't see big results with calorie counting then, I will be disappointed.

Today, I cheated. Yep! I did :X My weigh in days are always on Tuesday. Every time I weigh in on a different day, I am disappointed by my progress. While I was doing the intimidator today I seen the scale by the personal trainers. The same one that I weighed myself on Monday for the contest. So I decided to step on it. Just to see what it said. To see if this is all worth it. I'm not going to share what is said just yet - but I will say I liked what I seen! The personal trainer told me today not to get too focused on the scale and to only weigh in once a week. Which is what I'm pretty much doing already. He was very encouraging about the contest once I told him what the scale said though ;-)

Rich looked into the mirror today and said, "I think your cooking is making me skinner too". I agree, I notice his and Mariyn's tummy looks just a little flatter. I'm logging all my calories in my journal, I'll post them later. Tonight, I am celebrating a friends birthday and going out to dinner with her. I'm determined to make good choices tonight. We're having Japanese food - Torri's one of my favorites!

I will leave you with this a picture of the delicious salad I made for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment