Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adrenaline and Compliments

Nothing beats the adrenaline rush right after a good work out! No more slugs here today, I made salsa the other night and so I'm using it for everything. At lunch I made a delicious Salsa Salad. For dinner, I made Salsa Chicken that I found on this blog. It made my taste buds sing! Absolutely incredible.
I hate wasting food, which is one reason I'm overweight. I always feel the need to clear my plate. In order to change this habit I'm trying to serve (and cook) in smaller portions and actually USE the leftovers. I've been extra creative with my leftovers lately. Plus, I figure it's saving us money. Which is a really, really good thing!



I love my Zumba classes but 3 of the 4 classes are only offered at 5:30 pm. This puts a real strain on the family because of dinner, homework, baths, bedtimes, etc. Often, I stay after class to do the weight resistance machines. Rich sometimes meets me there but lately he has been too busy with work. Sometimes, I'll do the weight training stuff in the morning and just come back for zumba. I've heard that it is best to do your weights before cardio though. I've also been thinking I need to get a schedule down, and a bit of variety in my group classes. Let's face it, I could do Zumba every day but at some point you need to change it up to keep getting results. Which is why, I started the spin, weights and kickboxing. I know my body needs to be pushed hard in order for change. Thursdays are one of my favorite Zumba classes, I just love the way Adrianna teaches and I FEEL it afterwards. Often I am too tired after Adrianna's class to do the weights. So tonight, I decided I was going to do my weights before Zumba. This will allow us to be home earlier for family time but I was also afraid I wouldn't be able to hang in Zumba. It seemed like the perfect combination though!

The highlight of my day - several regular gym goers commented on how much weight I've lost. One even called me skinny - Can you believe it? I told I wasn't skinny but I appreciate the compliment. I've been working so hard and I love seeing results.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo! congrats on the compliments.
    And I completely understand about the fitting in time, conflicting with dinner, ect. It's so hard. That's why people who fight to stick with it should be commended, Its way too easy to just give up.
    When I took my orientation classes at the YMCA. We are always instructed to do atleast 20 minutes of cardio before moving on to the strength training area of the floor. Im not going to lie, I didnt place into the memory the exact reason they said. But I do believe it has to do with getting your heart rate elevated before starting with the strength training machines. I would ask your gym what their suggestion is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I meant to say, but I HAVE snuck on the leg press or hip abductor before running into one of my classes if I didnt get their earlier enough to jump on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete