Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weightless

I know, it's Tuesday the time all my hard work pays off weigh in Tuesday. However today was also the second Tuesday of the month - my mom's in Christ (Mom's Inc) bible study. I love my bible study time. I carry a lot of weight on my shoulders and am struggling with forgiveness. Well, let's face it, I've always struggled with forgiveness but it's been put in my heart that I need to let go. More specifically, I need to forgive Jessica so I am no longer angry, so I no longer hurt, so I can move on and take the weight of my shoulders and become weightless. We've been studying the book of James specifically this week James 1:12-27 and it really just spoke to my heart about the situation I am currently in. It's so easy to be angry at her for the things that she has done to me and my family. I'm tired of being angry and hurt though. I'm tired of her having that control over me. I've been praying that God help me forgive her, and each time I'm almost there something else comes up. I know my pride is getting in the way and that I am not hurting her, my anger is only hurting myself. In our society, when we think of sin - we think of sexual, drugs, alcohol, etc but anger is to a sin. God is love right? Aren't we supposed to love one another? Tonight, I am going to pray for Jessica. I'm going to pray that I forgive her and that this hurt is gone. I know it is God's will that I forgive her and for this I am also waiting...


At Mom's inc the following verse spoke to me

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

I really feel like this speaks to me emotionally with forgiveness and with my weight. I know God will help me reach all my goals.

Now, the moment we've all been waiting for... my weekly weigh in results - 223lbs. 1 pound less than last week. I feel bloated today. I had company this weekend and didn't make as good of choices as I should have. I'm cracking down now though, the contest is on and I want to get under 200lbs before March 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment