Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiration vs. Perspiration

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

I want so badly to change my body - to change my life. But I know inspiration will only take me so far. You can't expect changes if you don't change. I know this and as you can tell am making changes. I've always known I can loose the weight - if I really wanted to. I just never was dedicated enough to do so. This time, it's different. I've changed, I've asked God to help me and I am putting in the work to make the changes I want to see not only in my body but in my life. I'm seeing progress for all the perspiration and the results are awesome!

For the third week in a row, I was determined to make it to body pump at 8:30. Knowing the hurdles I've faced the last couple of weeks, I wanted to get there early to make sure I got a ticket. I decided last night that I would lay out all of our clothes for the day and Amelia and I would get dressed before we take Mariyn to school. It seemed to work, Amelia was excited to be going somewhere and put up little resistance (except for brushing her teeth). We got to the gym at 8:05, early enough to get a ticket for body pump. The class was packed, it was amazing. So many women motivated to make changes. I know that a lot of them are probably resolutioners but they've hung in this far and it was 8:30 am - you know they are trying! Ticka taught Body Pump this morning. Looking at her, it's intimidating just to think of what type of class she teaches. I swear this woman is pure muscle she has an amazing body. After taking her cardio kickboxing I realized she is not intimidating at all and she is actually there to help empower and encourage woman - she thrives off of it. She has been such a blessing to me. I just want to tell her Thank you so much. Someday, when I'm not pouring down in sweat I will.

My body was tired this morning - I think I stopped being sore a long time ago and now my body just feels tired. I pushed through body pump though and I am so proud of myself for it. Immediately after body pump, I took Spin with Ticka. It's a great combo back to back. I want to make it part of my weekly routine. I'm not going to lie, it was tough. I'm tired but I feel great --so accomplished!

It's weigh in Tuesday, right? On the trainers' scale -- 225.2 lbs! Another 3lbs gone forever. 33lbs lost (and not to be found, lol) total! I am really satisfied and proud of this weeks weight loss. I really believe that I am going to reach my goal weight and be healthy. Glory to God for all his support!

6 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay for Sara!! 33 pounds??!! Whoa!! Good job girl!! You are way ahead of me. I better catch up fast!!!! I started in July and you in oct and you are ahead of me.. tells me I am not working hard enough! Have you set a goal date? What is your goal weight exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome!
    I hate that sometimes I feel I have nothing to work towards and have a hard time coming up with goals.
    I'd like to run a 10K, and think that might be my next goal. Right now the only thing keeping me going is just my love for working out, and how it makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Sherri I'd love to be at my goal weight or close enough to it and just enjoy the gym. That in it's self is a great accomplishment. You should do the 10k, I know you can. I know it's something you've wanted to do for so long - I believe since we started talking...5 years ago! Wow, can you believe it's been that long? LoL You always amaze me with your running abilities and I know you love it. My sister in law, used to be very overweight, runs marathons. She is closer to your age than to mine. ;) and she was never a runner before like you. Really, a 10K is abouyt 6.25 miles - you run that sometimes instead of working out and I know you would feel so accomplished. Your running abilities are amazing to me, and inspiring. Which is one reason I'm doing the 5k in March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne - Don't forget you took time off at the holidays and I didn't ;-) Keep up on the diet and exercise and you're working hard enough now. Everyone looses at their own pace but it's nice to have a partner too. My goal weight is 150, but it's not set in stone. I'm not a set in stone type of gal. I want to be under 200 before the end of the competition. 25 more lbs in 9 weeks. Sounds challenging but do-able. I want to be in swimsuit shape by summer to thoroughly enjoy my pool and goal weight before my birthday in September. I will be turning 29 and I am determined that I am not going to spend my entire 20's fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you are so sweet Sara.You will love doing a 5K.
    I've ran up to 9 miles before, but it's usually unpredicted, and just comes as Im running. I just run and don't feel like stopping. I've never trained, and worry that if I set out to run a 10k, I wont be able to do it. It just has to kind of happen on its own, KWIM? But, I really think I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand Sherri, but I know you COULD do it. I'm in a similar position with the treadmill. I psych myelf out about it and watch the clock. Then I can't run. I did 30 mins today of walk/jog with the incline varying between 2-5% Most of it was a fast walk though. I know if I set out to run outside, I can do so much better. It all just really takes practice and timing.

    ReplyDelete