Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting Wednesday

Zumba was on the menu for my nightly work out. I'm feeling a bit under the weather, my voice is scruffy and my body feels tired. But with determination, I went to the gym anyways and enjoyed Zumba.

A lot of people have asked me what my motivation is for going to the gym, and how they can tap into it. It might sound silly but for me this is a great compliment. For over 7 years, I had no motivation to go to they gym. I've been medically obese and just kept pushing through life. Besides just not feeling good about myself, I've had so many medical issues and warning signs that I need to do something about my weight. I've had gallstones,gestational diabetes, knee issues, high blood pressure, and other body pains. Once I needed a TB test done for work and seen a new doctor, before giving me the TB test he suggested gastric bypass... umm I'll pass. I've always known I could lose the weight with a nutritious diet and exercise but always put it off because something else in my life came first: work, school, husband, kids, family, etc.

Since finishing grad school and being laid off I realized I need to re-prioritize my life. Notice, I left out God in the above list. I've always been a believer I've rarely taken time for God in my life. This too is changing. God and me time are now not only in the list of priorities but at the top. In June, when I found out I was being laid off I knew God had a plan for me, a purpose. I just didn't know what it was. I've asked, and asked but the only word that keeps coming to my heart is wait.

I've taken this time and waited. I've enjoyed more time with my babies. They are only little for so long. I've taken this time and focused on things that make me happy, the Mom's inc bible study, spending time with other believers, and found a new appreciation for exercise. While, I'm still not really sure what God's plan for me is, I know it's God's will that I have found a peace with myself and with waiting. I've always considered myself an optimistic person but lately people have noticed that not only am I more fit but I'm happier.

My daughter has a cartoon by Max Lucedo in which he says, "Sometimes, God's answer is yes, sometimes God's answer is no and sometimes God's answer is wait." I know with God I can achieve my goal weight but for now, I must wait.

In his heart a man plans his course,but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. God does have a perfect plan for you and He will show you through prayer and bible reading. I am so glad you are growing closer to Him!! He is sooo good. Do you have a good church out there you go to? Love you, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete