Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Monday of the New Year


I was back at it at the gym today. Mondays are always my hardest days to go but I think I've discovered a new enjoyment to Mondays - cardio kick boxing. Tonight was the third time I've gone to this class. Ticka, the instructor, is so positive encouraging and passionate about fitness it makes the time fly by and I know I got a killer work out, because I can feel it. After our kick boxing we always work out our core. I think this is just another reason I love this class. I struggle in my core and need a lot of work. Today, we laid out flat on our elbows and toes with our tummy towards the ground but not touching. We sort of rotated or lifted our tipy toes and kept our bodies lifted and balanced. I really felt the burn in every muscle in my body. It was awesome.


I've also been considering doing more meal planning. I go to the gym hard 5 days a week but I know sometimes my eating habits and lack of planning defeat the work out I just did. Anyone done any meal planning? Monday nights we usually have a salad. I weigh in on Tuesday and I always want to get the most bang for my buck. Tonight, I bought a delicious rotisserie chicken and made a chicken salad with it. Absolutely DELISH!

Oh and 3 people at the gym said I looked good and thinner today! So I decided to take a pic, excuse the hair it was after cardio kickboxing. Wish me luck for weigh in Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! You look great.
    I don't do meal planning per say. I mean, I do in a way, I think meals out in my head before going to the grocery store. But, I don't sit down and write meals all out, with side dishes ect.
    Most of the time I eat something different then the family. Not always, but when Im being the strictest on myself, I do. They wont eat the same foods I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I was just testing to see if I could comment!! He he. I didn't see it so I didn't write more! lol I plan my food usually the night before. It helps!!

    ReplyDelete