Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today was January Fitness Jam - 6 mini classes (Step Aerobics, Cardio Kick boxing, Zumba, Body Pump, Pilate, and Yoga) 15 minutes each for 1 1/2 hour work out. Friends and family were free to come to this event. So I brought my mom along. I've already done enough this week, but there aren't too many times we are allowed to have a free guest and I know she would enjoy it. It really was a lot of fun. The step and yoga classes are really the only ones I hadn't tried at Gold's. I'm still not a fan of step (mostly because I'm afraid of injuring myself) but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Yoga. The girls were happy to see their Nanny.

One thing I love to do on a Saturday morning is to make breakfast for my family, if possible. During the week, we are so rushed to get off and ready for school (or work) that it's hard to get a nice sit down breakfast. Plus I've been wanting to try some of the recipes in my hungry girl cook book. Today,I made the banana pancake mini's with morning star sausage. Don't worry, it's vegetarian (lower calories) the girls loved it and couldn't tell the difference. I did however, over cook my pancakes just a tad but still edible. I'm bad about that ;-)


The recipe says it will make 5 mini pancakes for a single serving of 185 calories. I doubled up the ingredients to make for the girls and myself. It only poured 8 not 10 mini pancakes. The original recipe as follows:

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup mashes ripe banana
3 tablespoons fat=free liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon light vanilla soy milk
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 no-calorie sweetener packet
Dash salt
Dash cinnamon

In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sweetener, salt and cinnamon) until mixed well.

In a separate bowl combine mashed banana with all wet ingredients (egg substitute, soymilk, and vanilla extract) until mixed thoroughly.

Combine dry and wet ingredients and stir thoroughly.

Spray large pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium heat. Pour batter into the pan (form 5 mini pancakes) Once pancakes begin to look solid, flip gently. Cook time approx 1 min per side or until both sides are lightly browned and insides are cooked through.



No comments:

Post a Comment