Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sluggish

If I were to use one word to describe my mood today it would be sluggish. It's been rainy and cold outside. I'm feeling worn out, tired and hav every little enthusiasm or energy today. I did Zumba tonight and I felt totally off and had a hard time working out. I was going to stay for body pump but I talked myself out of it. Is it possible I could be doing too much? Or is it all the wet weather getting to me?

This morning Amelia and I went to Gymstars, she always has so much fun when we go. I feel like I'm running a marathon just to keep up with her. Afterward, we went to target. By the time I was done, it was after 112:30 and I was starving. I felt like I went to farmer boys and I got a California BLT (basically a BLT + Avocado. It was delicious, but I swear I could taste the fat on my lips. It's so hard to make good choices when eating out. Just before Zumba, I made some homemade tortilla chips (Thanks to Sherri for sharing the recipe) they were so good. I burshed corn tortillas with olive oil and salt, cut them in strips and bakes for about 3 mins on each side. You know you're dieting when you lick the oil off your fingers and it taste divine.

2 comments:

  1. I had a moment in time where I burned out.
    It was back when I was at the gym every day and taking 2 classes back to back 2-3 times a week. I crashed big time and ended up having to scale my classes back a bit. I dropped my Tues and Thurs Yoga. I didn't bond with that class much anyway. I just couldn't "get it"
    Now, I take 1 class on Mondays and Weds. I try to have a "Break" day.( usually Thursday, but thats not a rule)
    But I never work out at the gym on weekends. That's my family time.
    It is good to have break days because they say your body needs that to build muscle. Your muscles break down when you work out, and it's on the days you take breaks that they, oh man, I forgot the word my instructor used, its too early, but they fill in what was broke down during exercise. It's also helpful in weightloss to have break days.
    So even though it's HARD to take them, I know it is for me, they are vital.
    Ok, so now that I've given you that unscietific termed answer, because it's too early to think lol..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're right Sherri. I think it's very possible that I haven't given my body enough rest. On top of that, I am calorie counting and I think I might not have eaten enough - we had left overs for dinner last night because I was too tired to cook. After I ate, I didn't feel so sluggish. It's probably a combination of the two.

    ReplyDelete