Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blowing it ...

I told myself I was going to make good choices. At diner last night. I've worked to hard this week to blow it. I had dinner with a group of friends at one of my favorite restaurants,Torri's. It's a Japanese steakhouse where they cook in front of you. The menu is pretty simple and over all healthier than a lot of other restaurants. My problem - I over ate.

I ordered Chicken and Prawns, grilled with butter, sauces, rice and veggies galore it was delicious and had a piece of a dragoon roll that I shared with my friend. Oh that was heavenly. I drank water so that didn't add any extra calories. I was so full but then there was cake. Chocolate and Carmel cake, several layers of pure bliss and completely decadent. I couldn't say no. I didn't eat it all but I felt like I needed to be rolled out when it was time to leave. I have no clue how many calories I actually consumed.

Then last night, I woke up with a terribly upset stomach. I felt like I was going to vomit, completely bloated. I ended up curling into a fetal position and I finally fell back asleep. When I woke up this morning my stomach is still sore from being so bloated. I've already gone to the bathroom 3 times. Rich laughed at me because he says I look pregnant...honestly I don't think I can push my stomach out more even if I wanted to.

Since I know I blew it last night, I hit the gym today. Yep - Saturday makes 6 days this week. I did 30 mins of the treadmill at a 3% incline. Then I cycled for another 20 mins. I feel a little better but still very bloated. I think I 'm going to have to get some gas medicine.

3 comments:

  1. I did this a couple weeks back and it was miserable. When you can no longer eat what you used to eat without getting painfully sick, you know that you're on the right track (with weight loss).

    Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was miserable! I am feeling a lot better now though - thank you. The pain lasted all day Sat until after dinner time. Apparently, I looked so bad my mom told me to go to the hospital. I didn't, I told her I wasn't going to the hospital over an upset stomach and gas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good way to get that all out is to sit in a sauna or steam room and sweat it out. It won't undo it all, but you get bloated from the salty foods. You sweat out the salt. :)

    ReplyDelete