Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hurdles

Hurdles... Too many times, I've had all the best of intentions of working out and something gets in the way. Today was one of those days, I got up had a few things to get done and a few things I wanted to do. Knowing it is New Years Eve and a lot of places would be closing early I had a lot to do before early afternoon, including going to the gym. So, this morning, I put on my gym clothes and went to take care of my to do list.

Just to verify the hours, I called the gym and found out they close at 5 tonight. At the very latest I had to be there by 4 in order to get a full workout. I arrived at 3:45 only to find out the child care center closed at 2. This really sucks! With all the best of intentions, my workout was ruined. I left fairly upset because I know there wasn't any warning that the child care would be closed.

I called my friend, who gives me a piece of wisdom. You know, if you're biggest problem is that you didn't get to go to the gym today, life really isn't that bad. She is so right. Life is good.

What's hindering you from hitting the gym? What are your hurdles?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to go at all this past week. I had the best intentions. I planned on getting up early in the a.m and getting out and back before the kids could miss me too long.
    It just never happened. I thought it would be easier to get out to the gym with the kids home and not having to run them to school, ect, but in reality, it was just too impossible. Spending time with them overrides exerise anyway, and I won't get these holiday moments back with them, but I'm way WAY behind, and starting to feel that sluggish effect of having had no exercise in the last week or so.
    Then I said, well, I will just run here on the property. Take a couple runs late in the afternoon. Never happened. It got too cold or rained. So blah, Im feeling ya.

    ReplyDelete