Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fat Tueday

It's the first weigh in Tuesday after Christmas. Due to the busy holiday, I only made it to the gym twice last week. I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas and all the food. Today, I weighed in at 228lbs. I've gained a pound from last week.

Instead of beating myself up, I'm going to use this as an opportunity. Yes, it occurred to me today while dancing my booty off in Zumba that I still have food issues. I really love to eat and struggle with portion control. I've been doing really well for the last two months but this week I know that while I am doing better I can still go back to my old habits quickly. It's going to take a lot of conscience effort to make better and healthier eating choices.

After taking most of last week off from the gym (Hey it was the holidays) I felt the same ol' negative self talk about going back. Yep, that little voice in the back of my head saying - Why, it's not like it's going to make a difference! Do I really have to go? I drug myself back yesterday and stepped up my workout today. I'm going to celebrate the fact that the negative self talk isn't winning. I AM seeing a difference and most of all, I'm feeling it! So even though, I took part of the week off, gained a pound I know I am not defeated.

And tonight, I started my blog. Yeah, I know there are previous entries but I backdated them. I've been tossing the idea around for a while and well, it's time to finally be weightless.

No comments:

Post a Comment