Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Know your Own Strength Contest

I've been toying around with the idea for a while, but after some encouragement from the gym's manager I've decided to enter the know your own strength contest. I think the challenge will be good for me and make me work just a little bit harder. I've always done well with competitions and it will definitely help me meet and keep my goals. Even if I don't win, I know my body will be better off. I mean that is truly winning anyways, right? But I've convinced myself that I have a good chance at winning and a competition just might give me a bit more motivation.

I finally got all the info and signed up for a official weigh in and before photo time. I'm very nervous about the before photo (and the after). Official contest rules state the before photo must be taken in a two-piece swimsuit. ** GULP** I haven't worn a two-piece since I was a teenager! Not only is my body not in two piece condition BUT the worst part is I have so many stretch marks. My stomach looks like a race track and I am not in the least bit exaggerating.

I really had to think about this competition for a long while. Is it worth it? I know the before photo will be worse than the after. But still even after I achieve my goals, I doubt I will ever wear a two piece again. My skin is just so not normal looking and this is something that no amount of exercise is going to change. I figure though, this condition of the contest is just a hurdle and if I win it will be worth it.


Reasons I can win this contest:

1) I'm not 5, 10 or 15 lbs over weight. So I probably have a lot more weight to loose than the other contestants.

2) I'm already in the routine of making the gym a priority. I go 5 days a week for 1-2 hours at a time.

3) I'm not getting fit as part of a new year's resolution. I'm making a life style change.

4) Motivation, Motivation, Motivation.


Now... off to shop for that plus sized two piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment