Saturday, October 2, 2010

Non Scale Victory

This week, I've already ran more than 15 miles. I plan on running agian tonight. Maybe I can make it 20 miles? Crazy, I know. I never thought I would be able to run as much as I can, nor did I think I would like it. When I started out, I just wanted to run a mile. It took a while, but once I did, I've just kept running...

My biggest NSV (non scale victory) this week hasn't occured at the gym, or in my running shoes. It's has occured at my dinner table. You see, we went out to dinner last night. We went with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday. I really debated on going because it's expensive to eat out and I wasn't sure if it was in the budget this week. Then talking to Richard, we noticed we haven't eaten dinner out since September 19th. The day I came home from the triathlon! That is amazing for us. We usually eat out several times a week and I just try to make good choices. That means I've cooked for 11 days straight, every meal! My fridge is just about empty and it's time to go grocery shopping, but I'm really proud of us! And I'm willing to bet that the scale reflects my commitment too. I noticed I'm having far less bloating and bathroom issues too. Who knew!?!

5 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way!! We never eat out (thanks to Davey, lol. I would always eat out if we could) and when we do.. oh my tummy hurts and I get gas so bad! Today we ran a bunch of errands to get our dog Molly all ready to deliver (yay!) and we don't have many groceries left so i wasn't able to pack a lunch or snacks like normally I do.. so I suggested Carl's Jr. since it was right there and they have a $ menu, totally expecting Davey to say no.. and he said OK! I was shocked, but now I feel sick :/ Great job! When is your 10K???!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't like to eat out anymore for that fact. I hate the way I feel afterward and it lasts for a couple days. Good for you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't go out to week but maybe once a month now, too. I admit I do miss it though, but that is probably attached to the food I am missing...
    Great job, your pocketbook will thank you, when you reach goal! Maybe you can take a vacation with all the saved money!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't eat out nearly as much when I am "dieting" because it is just easier to stay on plan at home. But I look for any excuse not to plan meals. Like weekends, when my teen is out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know eating out is the biggest diet sabotage for me. My husband always wants to eat out. It's hard to tell him no, when it's not only tasty but easier for me.

    ReplyDelete