Thursday, October 21, 2010

I did back to back classes at the gym today body pump and cycle. Both were subs, the regular teacher quit last week, or so I hear. I missed class last week so I didn't hear the story for myself but what was repeated sounds a lot like gossip and drama.

I got a great workout in today. The sub that did body pump is a regular instructor (and coordinator) at another local fitness facility and really knows her stuff. I loaded my bar heavier than normal for squats and really worked it. I also went heavier on chest. Cycle was fun but only 4 members took the class today, really odd because normally there are 20 bikes and we have to show up extra early to get one. I got a good ride in though and it was nice not to be so crowded, odd but nice.

As I was leaving the gym, the manager spoke to me. He said he seen someone who looked a lot like me there and he had to do a double take. My sister and I do look a lot a like, but we look very different too. He asked which one of us is older, my sister is by 6 years and it's obvious. I think he was just trying to make small talk. He always talks to me when I'm alone at the gym. He goes out of his way to acknowledge me when I'm alone. It's awkward. My sister has a better rate than I do. She only pays $15 a month! Incredible, I know it's something through her work. So I decided to say something about it. He told me that because he likes me he would give me the same rate as my sister. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you would realize that this is the same person that has been flirtatious with me for months now. I'm a happily married woman and I tell my husband everything. But you know there is nothing wrong with saving me some money! I've been a member there for a long time and pay a lot to go each month, for myself and my kids. So I'm excited about that!

When I got back home, I made quesadillas for lunch with black bean salsa, using thin corn tortillas and queso fresco and mozzarella cheeses. They were good! Soon, it was time to do some research online and get Mariyn from school. Then the girls and I went to the library, I filled out papers for an LLC and mailed them off to the secretary of state! We're getting closer on our investment stuff and that is so exciting! Of course, while we were at the library the girls got books. Amelia had a huge tantrum and had to get carried out. Her behavior has been very challenging lately and I could really use prayers for patients with her.

When we got home from the library I had Amelia take a nap. I was frustrated with her. She was tired, I was tired and a nap fit us both nicely. When I awoke I could already feel the soreness setting in from today's workout. I love that!

Oh and did I mention, I'm still didn't have a voice today? I lost my voice Tuesday night. Monday I had a minor sore throat. Tuesday I felt fine but lost my voice around 8 pm. Yesterday I felt fine but with no voice. Today my voice is a little better but I have a cough and very low energy. I'm cough drops and using my inhaler. I have congestion but it seems to only be in my throat --- odd. I'm going to make some tea and hope I feel better tomorrow. I have a busy day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great workout. Way to work your charm for a lower rate.:) Hope you get your voice back and feel beeter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say "hi." Looks like you have made some great progress. Excellent and good for you!

    ReplyDelete