Sunday, October 3, 2010

Marathon Week

So last week, I said I wanted to increase my running mileage. And so I did. When I realied how far I ran this week, there was no way I couldn't run tonight. I wanted to make it to 26.2 miles. So tonight I ran 4.5 miles. Which means, I ran a whopping 26.5 miles this week! That is equivalent to running a full marathon (actually a tad more). I'm so proud of myself.

I really had a great weekend. This weekend Mariyn and I had originally planned to ride the Princess Promenade but it just wasn't in our budget to do so. Mariyn and I talked about it, she completly understood and even said, "Mom, I don't think I'm ready to ride that far anyways, maybe next year." She was so very sweet and understanding about the situation.



Earlier this summer, I had heard about a lavender farm, just outside of town. I wanted to take the girls on a bike ride there but Rich said, it was too dangerous because of traffic for the kids. Mariyn and I decided that instead of the bike ride, we would go to the lavender farm, which is only open to the public this weekend and won't be open again until December. It was gorgeous! And this wasn't even prime lavender season. The girls and I enjoyed lavender lemonade, lavender apple cider, lavender pumpkin cake (1 serving shared between 3 people) and the beautiful lavender plants. The atmosphere was so lovely and quaint. Perfect for a girls day outing. We even came home with our very own royal velvet lavender plant. On the way home, we stopped at Oakdale Cheese and had fresh grilled gouda cheese sandwiches. The kids enjoyed petting farm animals and we picniced by the pound. It really was a lovely afternoon.

After we came home, I took my girls on a bike ride through town. Mariyn and I rode 6.5 miles as I pulled Amelia in her trailer. We had a lot of fun exploring different neighborhoods. We even discovered a fun new park . The girls stopped for a while and played. I promised them we would come back. The had a great time. Some where along the ride, Amelia fell asleep in her trailer. When we got home, I noticed she was all curled up in a very deep slumber. So cute!
What a difference a week makes. This week, I am optomistic and full of hope. I really feel and see all that I have been blessed with. God is so good, all the time. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous picture of the lavender farm. Wow! Gotta add that to my "bucket list." Glad you shared it with us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very pretty and a fun place to go. If you ever make it out here (or I should say when), there is so much to do and see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on all the running last week! Amazing! That place looks very pretty and fun!! Do your knees hurt at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) My knees are doing good. The stronger I get, the less knee problems I have. When they do bother me it comes in cycles and I know when to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete