Friday, October 8, 2010

Q & A

I read these questions on Rotund Revolution and Minding my Weigh 's blogs. Intriguing questions and answers. Feel free to answer them as you would like, here or your own blog.

1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?


Highest weight 258lbs, current weight 187lbs goal weight 160 lbs -ish or just content with my size.

2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?

I have so many. Put simply, I got tired of being fat. I got tired of crying every time I left the store because nothing fit. I got tired of not being able to do fun stuff with my kids. I got tired of being unfit and missing out on things I would liked to do. I got tired of making excuses.

I wanted a better life for myself, my daughters and my family.

3. Have you always been overweight?

No. I was always an athletic build with curves. I weighed a lot because I had large muscle mass but was always small in size/shape. I think this is one of the reasons why I hid and denied my weight gain for so long. I'm so curvy that I gained the weight evenly, no one believes that I was actually 258 lbs. Then again, no one believes me today when I tell them I am 187 lbs. I've come a long way.

4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?
My goals, my kids and the progress I've made. Above all, God's grace.

5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?

Accomplishing my goal and maintaining. I've been at this journey for a year now, the changes I've made are part of my lifestyle. I look forward everything, shopping, activities and just life.

6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?

Yes. So many women at the gym have reached out to me in their own way encouraging me and asking me about my weight loss. My husband is always been supportive and encourages me. My family is supportive too. The biggest support I've found is that I actually have the power to inspire and encourage others about lifestyle change. That really keeps me going.

7. What is your favorite exercise?

I don't really have a favorite. I love exercise and being athletic. I love doing races/events like the 5K's and the triathlon. I'm hooked, excited and ready to do more! Running is a new love. I love cycling, swimming, body pump, zumba. I love sports and being competitive. I love that I CAN exercise. I love to mix everything up so I don't get bored, burnt out or hit a plateau.

8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?

I've learned so much about dealing with my emotions. Challenging myself but most importantly, I've seen God's grace and am learning how to be a better example for others.

9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?

I don't really think I've given up anything. I've gained so much.

The one thing I do miss, is sort of hard to explain. I get neurotic about exercising. I feel really bad about myself if I don't try to do something active each day. I miss feeling ok about having a down day. I know it's normal but I instantly feel obese if I don't exercise because I am so goal orientated. Crazy - I know.


10. What is your strategy for losing weight?

Eat healthy and exercise = eat less move more. I don't follow a diet, I don't do weight watchers. I eat a healthy, I exercise a lot. I've had to count calories in the past but for the most part I've learned portion control, stay away from bad stuff and I'm good. I'm not dropping the weight as quickly as I once was but I'm also on my last 30lbs or so. I'm always making goals, focusing on achieving them and then moving forward making a new goal. I'm very competitive with myself.

4 comments:

  1. They're good questions, aren't they? I'm glad you posted this. It's a good way to get to know each other better. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Motivating to see how far you've come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this post, and was intending to do the same after I saw it last week. It's funny how much alike we seem , since people never believed how much I weighed either. I feel like I always had an "athletic" build too. And I was always way stronger than anybody thought I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberlynn - they are great questions!

    Adrienne - thank you :)

    Kendra - You should do the questions - in your time when you're ready. =)

    ReplyDelete