Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shopping

I've had a few shopping experiences lately. Huge NSV and goals were met. Plus other revelations were made:


I went to Frederick's of Hollywood to buy a corset for Halloween. My friends and I were all supposed to be playboy bunnies. I was nervous about this costume idea because it showed A LOT of skin. But I found a corset and it fit. I felt comfortable in it and bought it. My friend was wearing booty shorts with hers and I asked the sales lady for a pair. They only had one pair left, an extra large. My first thought, PERFECT! I try everything on together and the booty shorts were too BIG. Yeah, they stayed on my body, technically but I'd be readjusting the wait and legs all night because they were loose!

Way back when I started my journey my goal was to be able to shop in a normal size store. Yeah, I've bought a few things from more normal stores/online but hadn't had the experience of needing to put something back because it was TOO big! I almost left the store in tears because I was so happy it didn't fit. I am so used to leaving upset because nothing fits!


When I got home, I proudly put on my new corset to show my husband. I felt hot! He let me know that he wasn't comfortable with me wearing a corset in public, especially without him being there. He agreed it looked good. But this was only the second time I can remember in our relationship he asked me not to wear something. So I returned the corset the next day.

With the corset back at the store, I now needed a new costume idea. I walked around the mall and noticed Anchor Blue had costumes - cute ones! I tried on two a hottie pirate and a police officer. They both fit! Did I mention that I consider Anchor Blue a teen store? It was one of my favorite places to shop when I was in high school. The bonus, everything there was buy 2 get 2 free. And since I was buying a costume and in need of clothes I looked around. I ended up buying a sweater for me and jeans and a shirt for Rich, along with the costume and ended up spending $10 less than I had already spent of the corset. I was thinking about buying a pair of pants but I actually have enough that fit or sort of fit right now. And I was too worried about how my body would change when I get smaller. What if that fit of jeans, just isn't right for me? So I didn't new pants.

So here is my revelation: shopping in normal stores is not only a great feeling but it's cheaper! Yes, clothes from Lane Bryant, Torrid or whatever "go to store" I shopped at before was so much more expensive in comparison. I'm talking like half the price - plus the clothes are so much cuter! I can't wait to be at GW and have money to shop!

On a side note: Zumara and I ran about 5 miles last night. We're running again tonight and now I'm off to the gym.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on saving money at normal stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even as far in to my journey as you are, and I love shopping already. We went shopping this weekend, and i am officially no longer an XL on top! Doesn't it feel so great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra - It does feel GREAT! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. You would think that because I've lost so much that I've replaced all of my clothes. The fact of the matter is, that we've been so financially strapped I didn't get to buy much of anything this last year. The joy of shopping feel so great and new to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe I just love that Rich didn't want you to wear it and you took it back. So cute. :) How exciting. You are right!! Anchor blue is a teeny bopper store! Amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete