Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ch-Cha- Changes!

You know your body better than anyone else. Every imperfection, blemish, line, wrinkle, pump or beauty mark. You are your body's inspector; you are your body's worst critic. You know your strengths and weakness. You know how to push yourself to your physical and mental limits like no other. No one, knows your body like you.


The other night, I was sitting on the sofa and I stretched my arm. I reached up above my head with one arm,bending at the elbow and used my other arm to grab a hold of my elbow to stretch. It was this moment when I touched something, unrecognizable. I felt similar, yet different. It was soft and small. Confused, I looked up to see where exactly my hand had landed.

It was my elbow! The back of my arm! So much smaller than even I had known or expected! The skin around my elbow is normally fairly dry, ashy and rough like sandpaper. It's smooth, soft and healthy feeling. I spent a good 10 minutes or so analyzing the feel of my arms. It's such a weird feeling to not to even recognize your own body. The body you know better than anyone else.

What's even more weird is this is the second time it's happened to me in the last two weeks. I had a similar situation happen to me last time I did yoga. It was when I was stretching my calf and my hands fit completely around. I was so surprised and happy that I had to tell my friend Zumara, right then! I was giddy.

Body changes are amazing and feel oh so great! Even if it's my own body I'm not as familiar with as I thought. :)

1 comment: