Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mud Run

Mud run is on Sunday. I'm excited. I know I will finish, but I'm a little intimidated because I haven't gotten in a lot of running since my last 10K. We forced ourselves to run twice this week, Weds and Thurs night and we got in about 5 miles each night. Not bad but it took everything we had to get through those 5 miles. Thurs night we walked a .5 mile of it or so. I had already done body pump and cycle at the gym Thursday morning. The hill was just too much Thursday night. I had to take a break and walk once I got up the hill. We were talking and ended up walking further than originally planned.

Friday was crazy around here. The kids had their Halloween parties at school. I was busy with that and the usual Friday afternoon stuff. I never made it to the gym. I'm alright with that though -- considering I need down time to rest before my run. Plus, the muscles around my rib cage were sore from the workout the day before.

Since the mud run is on Halloween day, there is a costume contest. I'm not about running in the mud in a huge costume and ruining it. But Zumara and I decided to go with the spirit of Halloween and be lady bugs. We're wearing red shirts and painting black spots on them. It's going to be cute, fun and cheap.

I'm not expecting my time to be as fast as last 10K time. Last time, we were familiar with the course and it was regular paved run. This time, it's in the mud with lots of obstacles. I'm pretty sure that will slow us down. My goal is to have fun and finish.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! It's gonna be so much fun! Just enjoy it and don't worry about the time. Even if you have to walk.. or crawl.. lol I heard they get pretty slippery. I love the Lady bUg idea!!! please take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about how things went. Hope you had good weather!

    ReplyDelete