Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Day

Ahh... so happy!
Amelia is better and I just got back from body pump at the gym. :D

I'm feeling so good! I debated on doing back to back classes with body pump and cycle like I normally do but decided against it. I'm going to go running tonight and when I didn't want to over do it this morning. A lot of people missed me at the gym. It's good to be back.

I'm really proud of myself and how far I've come on my fitness journey. There was a time when any little slip up in life would have knocked me off my routine and I wouldn't have felt successful. At the beginning of my journey, so much of my success was built on being routine and being able to go to the gym. I remember feeling defeated when incidents that happened at the gym (poor customer service, issues with the instructors, or I wasn't strong enough to do an exercise) or something came up and I didn't get to the gym. Now, I've gotten to a point where the gym does not determine my success. Yeah, it's a great tool to have and I still enjoy going BUT I realize there are so many ways to be active and healthy outside of the gym now. Most importantly, now I have the confidence, discipline and ability to actually do them. :D

8 comments:

  1. I'm gonna run today too! Excited! Great job on going back! It's so hard once you get out of the routine. Proud of you!
    ps you gotta make your blog roll!! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean? Blog roll?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL OK so you know how we all have you on our blog list on the side of our blog...well people can find you that way and you can follow your blogs easier too. Just go to Add a Gadget and go to Blog Roll or Blog list, and that's it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just rejoined 24 hr fitness as a way to continue working out now that darkness has set in earlier, is that where you take the bodypump class? If so, what is the class like? Have you taken SET? is it kind of the same? SOO glad your daughter is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have 24 hour fitness in my area. I live in a small town in Northern California. Luckily, we have a Gold's it's the only gym in my town with childcare and it opened up about a year ago (Sept 2009). Adrienne goes to 24 hour fitness, I believe.

    I like most of the classes they offer. My best advice is to try anything and everything you might remotely be interested in. You never know what you are going to like until you try it. A good instructor can make or break a class. I scheduled gym time into my weekly schedule, so that I knew I would make it part of my routine.

    My gym doesn't have SET. They offer pilates, yoga, zumba, body pump, cycle, cardio kickboxing, and R.I.P.P.E.D. R.I.P.P.E.D. is new and I haven't tried it. The only class I personally didn't care for was pilates. I tried it when I first started going and it didn't go well. I probably wasn't fit enough to do the class properly at that level.

    When I first started, I really enjoyed Zumba. If you like to dance you will love Zumba but you might feel awkward the first few times until you learn the moves. Then I expanded into cardio kickboxing and bodypump (weight training). I was intimidated by cycle/spin, that's what all the skinny people did. But I tried it and LOVED it. I've probably seen the most results from the body pump and spin classes. Yoga is great for when you need a good stretch.

    Yeah, I know. I talk a lot. This comment could be a blog of it's own, lol. If you're curious about anything, ask! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendra I go to 24 hour and they now offer Body Pump!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been much of a gym person, but I know plenty of people who are and love it!!! I think the most important thing is to find what you love and just do it. As for me...I love being outside walking. It's like you said...it's about being active and healthy!!! And you are!!!

    ReplyDelete