Thursday, September 2, 2010

Look at the Jeans she's wearin'

I live in a 3 bedroom house. My daughters share a room, my husband and I share a room and then we have the guest room. Other than the bed in my room, all of my stuff is in the guest room. Our master bedroom's bathroom and closet are small and just not enough room for my husband's clothes and mine. Graciously I took over the guest bedroom, with the biggest closet. I moved all of my stuff in there but a stack of pants and stuff that didn't fit. I didn't need them or think about them much because they just didn't fit and they've been sitting in my husband's closet ever since the move.

Since I've been losing weight I've gone and dug through the pile a few times. Finding a few "new" things that will fit and knowing most of them do not. A lot of the items are my pre-baby jeans. You know, the jeans you would spend $80 or more on because you were young and didn't have too financial woes. Yesterday, I noticed the pile in the closet while looking for a pair of shoes and though, I wonder how much of this might fit. I was home alone and decided it would be so much more rewarding to try it on with my husband home.

So last night, I tried on all these clothes with Richard watching, even my pre-babies express jeans. Each pair he would ask, what size is that? When was the last time you could fit into those? And to be honest, most of them were either at my skinniest post baby size (when I was sick with gallstones in 2005) or my heaviest weight pre-baby. I could get on nearly EVERY pair of pants, now the styles of changed in the last 10 years and so has my body. Not all of them looked good on me. Some of the jeans actually fit me better but many did not. But being able to get into all my skinny clothes felt so good. Even if skinny was a hip hugging junior size 13. I think the smallest size I had was an 11 and I know junior clothes and women's clothes are sized differently, for different types of curves. I had to explain this to my husband who was too curious as to why I was a "10" but had trouble squeezing into some of my old size 11's or 13's. I do have to admit though, some of the jeans looked good and I'm excited to be able to wear them again :-)

I ran about 2.25 miles last night and swam 20 laps. Doesn't sound like much on it's own but my body was beat from my morning workout. I could barely finish the 19th and 20th lap. My form was getting sloppy and my body said enough. This morning, I got up and did body pump. My body is screaming at me now. I'm so exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. Heyy, I tagged you in a questions game post! Can't wait to see your answers♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew!! Way to go! That is so exciting!! Now you have more clothes to wear with out spending the money. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne - I know it's a blessing, I'm so glad I hung on to them all these years. I think I can totally wear 3 pairs of the jeans. I'm excited! I'm going to go through my clothes soon and get rid of stuff I will never wear, like the teenage clothes a soon to be 29 year old woman should not wear in public. I think it will be fun trying them all one again and sorting them out :)

    ReplyDelete