Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20

Today was a day of rest, or it should have been. I didn't go to the gym this morning and it felt a little odd staying at home. I'm so used to training but I felt I earned the day off. My upper thighs/hip flexers are a little sore. I'm still having breathing issues and I feel tired. I really hope I'm not getting sick. I should have slept in later. But I did the things mom's are supposed to do on a Monday morning, I got up with the kids and got them off to school.

I had a lunch date planned with my girl friends today. I had shrimp tacos, yummy! Plus I had to go to the university after picking up my girls from school. I know this all means nothing to you, but it was a lot of driving. When I'd rather be home sleeping.

I'm already thinking of my next activity or event to train for and create a goal. Before, I was thinking a half marathon. But I'd really like to do another triathlon. Heck, I'm a true athlete and I know I'd like to do both. I see a lot of **wishing** in my future and surfing on active.com A girl could get herself in some serious trouble with all the activities I want to do. =)

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you, already planning ahead on what's next. This stuff is expensive though, I gotta be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you definitely should do a half marathon! That would be so awesome. My cousin does them.. that is something that I don't think I can do.. I can't run very much. ps you are quite the little blogger today..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do both ;-) I need to look into and plan a calendar for different activities I want to do. I asked Rich last night if I could do See Jane Tri - you have until Thurs. to register. Money is tight this week though and he didn't answer me. Probably because he doesn't want to tell me no but can't really say yes either.

    I know I blogged a lot. I had a lot of little things that happened over the weekend and in my head. All somewhat related but different. I had to get it all out, I want to remember everything! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is one in Oakdale coming up, you should do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that one too. I heard about it a while back and looked for it online a few months ago. I had a hard time finding info and I don't think it will be as well organized as I'd like. Plus it's co-ed. They are having it this weekend and then again in Oct, I think.

    I'd prefer to do all women's events. I like atmosphere better, in general it's less competitive and more supportive/friendly. We'll see though. There are going to be other Tri's. I just feel like I could have done better than I did and like I'm in good enough shape to do another now - and I have all the equipment. So why not? I was really torn between that one and Tahoe in the first place. I know Trek has an all women's one too, I stumbled upon it when I was researching my bike. So many things, so little money!

    I have a bike ride event I promised Mariyn in early October. So I have to keep that expense in mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!It's so tempting do so many! But I realized today, I have to keep balance. I am trying to figure out ways to get all these things I "need", when it will hurt us in the end to spend the money. I want to keep doing tri's but I have to keep my priorities straight.
    I have only done a co-ed one, but I am sure I'll love the all woman's one more!
    That's so cute you are doing one with Mariyn <3

    ReplyDelete