Thursday, September 16, 2010

3 days until Tri :)

Last night I took the girls on a bike ride, just a short family ride around the neighborhood. I think it was the first one we've gone on since the girls started school. It just felt so good. The girls had fun, and we had lots of family time yesterday. I'm so thankful that I can ride bikes with my girls. It's a blessing.

Mariyn wanted to ride her bike to school today, so we did, and Irode (pulling Amelia in the trailer of course) to the gym across town and back home. I squeezed in the last bit of training before I leave to Tahoe, I did body pump and cycle. After school, Amelia and I went to pick up Mariyn. So on top of body pump and cycle at the gym, I rode more than 5 miles on my bike today. :)

My mom called me this morning and told me she is planning on being home tonight, praise the lord the emergency situation didn't get more serious and is going to be ok. I am so thankful that God cares about my wants and handled that situation so my mom will be able to join me on Sunday and I will be able to compete.

I was a talking to Richard last night about the situation and I could tell he really felt bad because he knows how hard I've been training and that the only reason he isn't going is because he plans on hunting. He knows I would be disappointed if I didn't get to participate come Sunday. I think he was going to tell me that he wouldn't go on his trip, but before he could I told him that wasn't what I wanted. If my mom wasn't able to go, and I wasn't able to find anyone else, I didn't want or expect him to give up his thing for me. He gives up so much for me already and is always supportive of my needs/wants. I don't like hunting season (and he knows it) but I realize that it is the only thing he really does for himself with his friends and it's important to him. I wouldn't want him to miss out because I might have to miss out. Thankfully, my mom is able to come. My sweet husband took the day off of work tomorrow to spend with me.

I have a lot of laundry and packing to do tonight. In addition, I would like to get a few laps in the pool tonight, wearing my wetsuit. Tomorrow I just want to enjoy my husband as much as possible. If money allows, I would like to pick up a cheap pair of sunglasses and a new sports bra. I haven't bought new sports bras last October when I started working out, they are really great, adidas ones form Costco. However, since I lost weight, I think I might get a better fit from a smaller size. Nice sports bra's are so expensive though, it's crazy and Costco no longer has the adidas ones in stock.

5 comments:

  1. I am so nervous for you! I am so glad your Mom is OK and can come with you. Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to see how you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never competed in a triathlon, but am so excited for you. I would secretly love to do something like that one day. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by! I am a new follower of your blog. Please feel free to check out mine.

    Jennifer
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, so excited for you! Please update FB immediately. lol
    Kimberlynn, You can!! Trust us both, you can. There were bigger woman than me in my first tri, anyone any size can do it with some training. =)

    ReplyDelete