Monday, September 27, 2010

Running = LOVE

I had a long day. But, this evening, I put on my running shoes, laced them up and took off. I ran alone tonight, my running partner has class on Monday and Tuesday nights and we've been having a difficult time meeting up lately. Running alone is a bit harder than having a partner to pace with and keep you going. It was hot today, over 100 degrees which is rare in late September and very humid tonight. Yet, I still wanted to run.

Tonight, I had a 2.25 mile talk with God. Yeah, I probably looked like a crazy person talking to myself. He was my running partner. I talked to him about everything that has been on my heart and in my mind. I've been worried about the future and our finances. Even though, I know God has a plan and it's better than my plan. I am willing to accept God's plan for us and do as he wants.

I feel so much better now. So much happier and less stressed. Just plain stronger too. Sure the endorphins are kicking in and helping out but God gave me the strength to run and the desire to want to talk to him.

Oh and I did better with my food today and I'm willing to accept whatever the scale reads tomorrow for weigh in. The good, the bad and quite possibly the ugly.

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you used your runtime to talk with God! I've been using my walks in the morning to spend some time with Him, I have worship music playing on my mp3 player generally and it's just... Peaceful.

    Hoping you have a great weigh in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Exercise always makes a difference even if it's just the feeling of accomplishing something you know is good for you. And don't worry about talking to God while running - I do it all the time. Who cares what people think?? I used to, I don't anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've got a blog award for you!
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-versatile-blog-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I love those nights when I get to walk alone. It's a time for me to pray and literally 'walk with God'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to go run!! I didn't get prayer time this morning yet because boys woke early and I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's interesting, all I can seem to do when I run is yell at God for making something such as running...but then I apologize later, and he is cool with that. ;-) He and I have a run-hate understanding. Do be careful when you run by yourself though-there are alot of crazies out there!!!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polar - I used to have a run-hate relationship but things have changed. I've changed and I love it! I'm careful :) I always have a set route when I run, my family knows when to expect me home and I live in a safe area.

    Thank you everyone for the support! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my best walks were while I was talking with God. It is part of what I liked best about walking as exercise.

    ReplyDelete