Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Goals

I got to thinking about goals. I've lost a lot of weight and met a lot of my goals. But there are some I haven't met. I do so much better when I'm working towards something. During the weight loss challenge at the gym, I lost 30 lbs in 90 days. I've worked towards running a mile, a 5K, and completing a triathlon. I've lost about 70lbs of the 100 I set out to lose last October.

At the beginning of the year, I said I was going to try new things at the gym and step out of my comfort zone and I did! I started running, I used machines I thought only "fit" people could use, and I tried new classes, like spin.

I came across the 100 day challenge, on one of my readers blogs -- Thanks Sharon. I think I'm going to take the challenge. It starts tomorrow and goes to the end of the year. Just might be what I need right now. I have to look into it more! :D

So, now comes the time when I pick my next goal. My next task to work towards to keep me on track for my bigger goal, lossing this weight. I wondered over to active.com and found so many things I want to do. If only money wasn't an issue . . .

These are the things I would like to do in the coming months.

October
10/2 Princess Promenade Ride w/ Mariyn
10/9 Riverbank Wine and Cheese Run 5K & 10K
10/31 Mud Run

November
11/7 Duathon 5K Run, 30K bike, 2.5 K run in Knights Ferry
11/28 10K Holiday Run Copperopolis

In the Spring, I promised my daughter Mariyn that if she got good at riding her bike we could do an event. Princess promenade is an all women's cycling event in the Sacramento area. It's geared towards mothers and daughters of all ages and benefits domestic violence and women's issues. Well, the kid can ride so it's time for me to hold up my end of the bargin. Plus, I love that she likes to do activities. She just might turn out to be an athlete ;-)

I'd like to do a few more triathlons and a half marathon but I know the weather won't be cooperating much longer this year. It's not even officially fall and I'm looking forward to Spring already and all the racing that comes along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad we have become blog friends. Hope you decide to join the challenge. Like you, I've needed something and this really got my juices pumping. I am a hiker and we are headed into prime hiking season so that is exciting for me. I've read most of your blog and will read the rest today. I really enjoy knowing the stories of the people I correspond with in BlogLand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Me too. :) Wow - you're really ambitious, I'm very wordy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete