Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday 9/3

Something strange happened today. Something that I haven't experienced in about 18 months. I got up extra early and went to WORK! I substituted in one of my friend's classrooms at the high school in town. The girls and I had to wake up and get out of the house earlier than normal. I had a good day and it felt so good to be back at the high school again. When I checked into the office, the secretary commented on how it's been a long time since I've subbed. I used to sub very frequently at the high school until I was hired to be a counselor. I told her to spread the word if anyone needs a sub keep me in mind, I could really use the work. She said she would be adding me back to her "favorites" list for subs and she would hope to see me again soon. So I'm excited about that. She even mentioned it again, when I returned the keys. :)

My muscles were so sore yesterday. I think I've been over training or something. I workout hard and do get sore from time to time but yesterday was intense. Every muscle in my body ached to move and to touch. I was just plain worn out. I didn't exercise today. I needed the day off. It was so hot here today too. When I got home from picking up the girls, I turned on a movie and took a nap. It was much needed. My legs were tired and sore this afternoon, which was odd because I woke up feeling great.

I noticed a few people at the high school have lost a lot of weight since I seen them last. One lady, I seen several times at the gym this summer. She looks a minimum of 50 lbs lighter than the last time I saw her. I'm wondering if she had some type of weight loss surgery because it's such an extreme difference. Her skin and face look different too. I'm so glad I'm young and have been so successful at losing the weight. It truly is a blessing.

Another thing I noticed today was the number of overweight students. There were so many, more than I remember. Is it possible to have changed that much since I last worked? Or am I just noticing them more now because I'm so weight conscious? One student was complaining about being tired and having to walk **so far** after school, it's probably a mile. I shared about my journey and said, you know the funny thing is before I started working out, I was always tired. Mentally exhausted and didn't want to do anything. The last thing I would want to do was exercise. But exercise has changed my life so much, I have energy to do things, I'm no longer mentally exhausted. Sure my body gets tired from time to time (probably because I over train) but I have energy to do things I never had before. The students could not believe that I lost as much weight as I said I did. It's kinda funny. Some of the kids that I subbed for today were seniors, I remember subbing for them when they were in junior high. They've all grown and changed it is really neat to see.

Oh and I got a rejection letter regarding the interview I went on earlier in the week. It sucks to be rejected for something I am so over qualified to do, but I know it was probably for the best.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the work!! That would be a neat job. I know what you mean about noticing obese kids. I do now too so much more. It's so sad. I wish I could encourage them all to do at least 2 sports while in high school. I want the boys to do one almost every season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the rejection letter, but what wonderful news about getting work as a sub. It sounds like the Lord has plans to use you in a positive way for these kids...and boy do they need it. I know what you mean about the exercise and having the energy to do things. This past week for me has been where I've really started to notice a big difference. Even yesterday I was able to clean my house without stopping to take a ton of breaks. It feels wonderful.

    Blessings,
    Kimberlynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne - subbing is nice and an easy way to make good money. I'm very thankful I have that opportunity. It would be perfect if I was needed every day of the work week, that is really the only downfall.

    Kimberlynn -thanks :) I'm not sorry that I didn't get the job, I just don't like being rejected (who does) if that makes sense. I am greatful that I have the ability to substitute teach and I still have unemployment coming in. I'm really waiting on the Lord to give me the right opportunity. I know his plan is much better than mine :)

    I'm glad you're seeing the difference. I've been exercising for 11 months now and really it has changed my life not just my body. My husband says I'm so much easier to live with now that I go to the gym. I notice I don't worry about the small stuff as much, when before I used to dwell on it. I'm glad you're seeing the difference, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete