Wednesday, September 15, 2010

tri training - 4 days away

I did my tri training this morning. First off swimming. I swam in the wetsuit for the first time. It's really a different feeling much more buoyant but also much more constricting. I ended up getting a light headed after the first 10 laps. I needed to take a break. I caught my breath re focused and continued swimming after a few minutes. I really felt close to passing out, in the pool after very little movement. I wondered what is going on with my body? I know I didn't eat right yesterday. I skipped lunch and had a few small snacks before going to the gym at night, like yogurt, just to get me through. Immediately after the gym, I had a board meeting for Softball and that had me out past 10 pm. I missed dinner too, so again, a few snacks (almonds and banana) before I went to bed. I made sure I got a good breakfast this morning before I started exercising though. Normally I don't skip meals at all, I know it's not good for your metabolism and I really need the calories because I train so hard. I ended up getting through my swim, but like I said it was very different swimming in the wetsuit. I'm glad I tried it out here at home and I may home to do some more training in it before Sunday.

Under the wetsuit today, I decided to wear just my bra, sports bra and compression shorts -- no tank top. I wanted to put the tank on after I had gotten out of the water, hoping it would be more supportive of "the girls". The swim worked great BUT as soon as that tank hit my wet body it was not going to budge and get on. It rolled up and my skin chaffed just getting it on properly. So yeah, the "tweak" I was hoping to make isn't going to work. I'd rather know that today than race day though. After I was dressed "transitioned", I went to cycle at the gym and ran a mile on the treadmill. I wore my tri clothes to the gym too. Let me tell you, I felt so naked in those booty shorts at the gym. Haha, but I can wear them just fine on the streets. The girls in cycle were so sweet, the not only liked my outfit but said, you can really tell how much weight you've lost in that outfit you look amazing. It made me feel so good. :D

I didn't weigh in at the gym this morning either. I'm going to wait until next week for the official Tuesday weigh day to roll around. I did peak on my scale at home this morning and it was a smaller number than before! :D If it's accurate I'm not at -70lbs :D We shall see on Tuesday before I make it official!

Tri training today:

Swim 520 meters: Bike 60 Mins advanced cycle: Run: 1 Mile


Now, I'm completely worn out and enjoying a bowl of clam chowder for lunch. :)

5 comments:

  1. It wasn't your food I don't think, I read that people can get like that in wetsuits, and even feel claustrophobic. I would swim a little everyday in it until the tri and when you get to Tahoe put it on and get in the water. =) so are you just going to wear your tank under the wetsuit? Do those shorts have a padded butt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be have been the wetsuit, but I think it was food. Just in case, I do plan on swimming in it more. I'm wearing my regular bra (no padding very thin) sports bra and a the tank to swim in with the shorts. The shorts have no padding. They dry quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your mom will be able to go. Do the shorts cut off on your thighs? (are they tight at the bottom? too tight?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I just heard that from my mom too, after I ready this. LOL It's a stress reliever. I talked to Rich last night and I could tell he was feeling really guilty about his hunting trip he has planned. I didn't want him to cancel his trip, I know it's important to him (and I told him that) but he also knows this triathlon is important to me. Made me feel good, he was so sweet. :)

    The entire material of the shorts are tight but they aren't any tighter at the bottom, it's just a regular seem I think. They compress pretty well and aren't too tight nor do the ride up. I actually think they look cute on -- they're my magic shorts! LOL They look like men's underwear on the hanger though because of the waist, but they don't look that way on. They come in a few different lengths too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post a photo!! =) Make sure your mom takes pictures!

    ReplyDelete