Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good news or bad news?

Let's start with the bad news - I didn't make it to the gym today, big surprise with my kids being sick. Ok now that the bad news is out of the way, let's move on to the good news! Good news, Amelia is feeling much better and I think will be ready to resume regular activities tomorrow! Woo hooo! Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. It's been a rought week. I haven't been to the gym all week and I miss it. It's part of my routine and both Amelia and I enjoy it. Today, she was actually asking to go. I just didn't want to chance getting interrupted if she got ill or had a coughing episode. Plus, the possibility of being contagious.

We did get out of the house today and went to the eye doctor. Amelia had her first eye exam and everything went well. Mariyn's been wearing glasses since she was 3, so I figured it was best to have Amelia checked out too. Mariyn was eligible for a new pair of glasses too. It was so nice to get out of the house, even if it was just for appointments.

My friend from the gym, text messaged me today. She noticed I haven't been there and wanted to check on me. It made me feel special and noticed. Sometimes you get into the daily routine of life and you don't feel like anyone would notice if you just "disappeared" outside of your immediate family. Everyone knows everyone in the small town that I live, but being that I didn't grow up here, I don't know everyone so I often feel sort of invisible around town. The text was sweet and very thoughtful.

Ok, now on to the great news. Even though I haven't been at the gym I've been running each night. Monday and Tuesday nights I ran by myself, 2.25 miles each night after I put my girls to bed. I was proud of myself just for sticking to it. Tonight, Zumara my running buddy came over and we ran 5.5 miles! We stopped not because we were too tired but because it was getting late and we were both thirsty. It's been a few weeks since we've gotten a long run in and it's nice to know we haven't lost our abilities. We're so ready for our 10K next weekend! :)

6 comments:

  1. Way to go.....I think you've done great this week to have been cooped up with a sick child. That's enough stress all by itself. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a 10K next week?? Wow way to go! So glad the girls are all better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a local wine and cheese festival every year. They have a 5K and 10K events. So I am going to do the 10K morning run. It's local and cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like in spite of it all, you had a pretty balanced week-way for keeping it all together! So glad Amelia is feeling better, too.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polar's mom - Thanks :) I feel so much more balanced and accomplished too for being able to stick through with my goals even when it's not easy and life gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete