Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hot 100

Hot 100
Here is the deal. Almost a year ago, I set out to lose 100lbs. I've lost 70 of those 100. Here we are, down to only 100 days left of 2010. Crazy, I know the year has just flown by. So, for the last 100 days of 2010, I am going to work on reaching my goal. It's a lot of weight to lose in 100 days, but I've lost 30lbs in 90 days before, so why not try it again. If I fail short, who cares, as long as if I'm losing, right?.

My goals for the Hot 100 are going to be 3 part:

  • Lose the 30 lbs
  • Fit into a size 8
  • Increase my running mileage.
So how am I going to do this you ask? Mostly by continuing to do what I'm doing now but focus more on my diet and eating the right things all the time. I've noticed I start cheating little bit here and there and the weight just doesn't come off. I haven't done my official weigh in for 2 weeks. :X Which I think is the longest amount of time since I started this journey.

I can fit into a size 10 now. I'd really like to see a single digit size by the end of the year. Of course anything smaller than a size 8 would be awesome, but unimaginable to me at this point.

Each week, I am going to hold myself accountable with my weekly weigh ins. I'm going to continue to exercise and get in more running time. I'm signing up for several local events including these:
Not only do I want to start 2010 off at goal weight, in a smaller size, but I want to be able to run a half marathon in the beginning of 2011. It might sound like a big goal, but I'm pretty sure I can do it with some more training. Plus, I'll have the entire year to build on what I can do athletically and increase my time and abilities.



12 comments:

  1. You can totally do a half marathon!! I know what you mean about the unimaginable goal. The reason I'm aiming for a size 10 dress is because that is the smallest I've been in my adult life. Smaller than that seems crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems very exciting! That mud run seems crazy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turtle - I completely understand. Size wise, I haven't been this small post children. But I've weighed less. Weird, huh?

    Adrienne -The mud run will be fun. I think there is a group of people I'm going to be doing it with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exactly is a Mud run? I can only imagine.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've ready several blogs today that talk about goals...we must all be on the same page in our journey!!! I'm excited for you and as always...inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The event page describes the mud run as"
    •Military-style Obstacles
    •Commanding cargo climbs
    •Wild water crossings
    •Mud, mud, and More Mud!

    You can do a 5K or 10K. I've heard of other mud runs in the past. Big Sur has a 1/2 marathon mud run that is military style in the spring. I've also heard of muddy buddy - a mud bike/run series. They're having one in LA on Nov. 7th. Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kimberlynn! I love setting and making goals. Being that I just finished a major goal, it was time to refocus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over from Hot 100-looking forward to following you kick those 30 pounds! I have 59 to go, and I know it is a stretch to years end...

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came over from the Hot 100 as well to offer my support and encouragment. Best of luck over the next 100 days and I would love, love, love to see you meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I found your name on the Hot 100 Challenge list and I just wanted to drop by and say hi, I'm Christina and I have signed up for the challenge also. Best of luck on your goals and I look forward to following your successes. I hope you don't mind me adding you on my favorite blog list.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great having you join in on the Hot 100! I love your goals, and I love your attitude. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the comments and support! Welcome to my blog all of you Hot 100 bloggers!

    ReplyDelete